The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Tips! (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/tips-150058/)

iamanequestrian 01-15-2013 02:41 PM

Tips!

Hello, I am doing a project on Equine Managment. I would like to know all the little things you guys do in your stables that work great for you. It can be anything! Big or small. My example is, I use plastic saw horses for saddle stands. Thank you! :-)

caseymyhorserocks 01-16-2013 10:44 PM

Feed backs nailed up (or inside a garbage can) work well for disposable garbage bags. Use clear tubs to store stuff rarely used, you can buy them fairly cheap at Target or Walmart. Little supplement tubs work well for storing knick nacks, I use mine for keeping extra leg straps and snaps for blankets. Also, if you are going on a trip and your horse's supplements tubs are really big, you can use an old plastic water-bottle for storing supplements. I used to use the water bottles for selenium supplements when I went away on a trip- handy when I only had a tiny under the manger tack room for everything except hay!

GamingGrrl 01-17-2013 01:31 AM

The only one that immediately comes to mind is the old coffee can as a feed scoop. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Annanoel 01-17-2013 12:05 PM

As funny as this sounds we use chest freezers to store our grain in. They are both locking and keep mice out very well! Also we have dressers in our tack room with smaller drawers to store polos, gloves, towels etc. I'm sure I've got more if I do I'll post!

iamanequestrian 01-17-2013 02:35 PM

Thanks everyone!! Very helpful :)

waresbear 01-17-2013 03:17 PM

The old chest freezers are the best feed storage device ever!!!! Rodent proof, lots of storage space and uber convenient. Large salt block holder, I use an old tire rim, keeps the block up off the ground & the horses can't move it.
Posted via Mobile Device