The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Photoshop Painting Progressions (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/photoshop-painting-progressions-150088/)

iloverains 01-15-2013 08:00 PM

Photoshop Painting Progressions

2 Attachment(s)
I was talking to my friend and I asked her what her fav. Breed and colour was, she replied with Gypsy cob, and Piebald. So, without looking at any photo's, I started to draw/paint (on photoshop) I've only ever drawn very few off the top of my head, so was please this one didn't come out lopsided!

I'm super happy with how it turned out!!

Progression, from the start
Attachment 125895

End result, Arabella.
Attachment 125896

Caitlinpalomino 01-15-2013 08:33 PM

Wow really nice! The proportions are very good, I cant draw off the top of my head it never works out looking like I imagine haha, So really well done with the proportions! Love seeing it as a wip.

iloverains 01-15-2013 08:46 PM

Thanks heaps! and yeah, that's what usually happens, everything is out of whack. I love photoshop though, can change everything so easy (: Kudos to everyone who draws in hand.

Horsesdontlie 01-15-2013 09:54 PM

For a long time I used to just do work in photoshop. I took found it easier to mess with proportions and being able to fix anything. I love the undo button I must say. ;) I eventually lost patience after getting a new computer and not having my familiar program.

Your work here has a lot of feel to it. It still looks artistic though which I always love. Great job. You have a great understanding of equine proportions and highlights on fur. Keep up the good work.

iloverains 01-15-2013 10:16 PM

Thanks heaps, means a lot! (: I do love my Graphite, but need to practice my proportions to draw off the top of my head haha (:

Thanks again !

HorseCrazyTeen 01-16-2013 07:22 PM

Nice job! I like that horse a lot. It's pretty realistic.

iloverains 01-20-2013 04:50 AM

Thank you (: