The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hi! From Washington (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-washington-150107/)

JeepnGirl 01-15-2013 09:30 PM

Hi! From Washington

Hello everyone.
My husband and I live in Washington. Last year we joined the Back Country Horseman of Lewis County. I have met some really knowledgeable and kind people there.
I ride a Lipizzan mare named Tatiana. She is going to be 9 in April. The lady I had bought her from is a dressage person and had put a good foundation on her. She said she only had about 15 rides on her.
I used to have a few Appaloosas, but, I don't know, maybe it's just me, but they aren't smartest things... Before them I had an Arab mare. She loved to go all day and had a ground eating trot. Before her I had, what I now think was a Mustang. Or she could have been a little QH. She wasn't papered, but I was a kid and a horse was a horse to me!!

My husband was finally able to get his dream horse - a Shire mare. We were told she is about 22. You wouldn't tell by looking at Britt. She looks much younger. And my hubby loves her. :)

This past Fall, I was given a paint mule mare. She is between 20 and 25 the guys from BCH think. She belonged to another elderly man who was a BCH member for many years. The guys told me that Rosie has tons of years packing and riding. Seeing as I only packed once this past summer, I figured she'd be a great teacher. I can't wait to take her out this next summer. I've taken her and Tati to the arena just to see how they'd react to each other, but Rosie joined up with Tati as a good pack pony should and I even had them lounging together off-lead! While I was ponying Rosie from Tati, they did great and are already pretty much a team.

Other than horses, I love cats. I like military vehicles. I like going out in the woods. Gardening, chickens, geese, ducks, etc.

Danielle

tinyliny 01-15-2013 09:58 PM

HI there,

I live in Bellevue. I have heard of the Back Country Horsemen. I'd join in a heartbeat if I had a trailer to get to some of the club rides. They do a lot of great trail maintanence rides , too.

I don't think Appy's , as a rule, are not smart. Not at all, no, quite the opposite in my experience.

in any case, glad you've found your way here. Go Washington State!

27cfmd 01-15-2013 10:10 PM

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Washington too, but literally right across from the Oregon Border.

I personally have only ridden two Appy's and they were okay!

nucks93 01-25-2013 11:24 PM

Hey there! Im originally from Kent but moved to Ellensburg for school. Danielle, I would love to see some pics of your animals, they sound so cute! And my only experience with Appys is getting bucked off of one when I was 9, so I suppose my opinion is biased. :x

JeepnGirl 01-25-2013 11:41 PM

LOL
Oh no!
Well of course I didn't mean *ALL* Appys are brainless, just seems the ones I get stuck riding are. Either they have been a friend's gelding that thought it was great to randomly take off running flat out and nothing could stop him (I rode him when I was in middle & high school and let friends ride my mare because I knew she wouldn't kill them...), or like the ones I actually owned and were slugs and/or stubborn airheads. *sigh*

Tinyliny, I am re-doing a cute little 2 horse King trailer. I could always let you know about it when I have it ready! ;)
BCH has been a lot of fun for me so far.

Nucks93, I've added a picture of my Lipizzan, mule, and mini in my "Horses" thingie. I didn't ad my hubby Shire mare - we haven't had her too long and I don't have too many pictures of her that are very good yet. :) I'll have to test posting some pictures here...

Danielle

HorseLovinLady 01-26-2013 04:50 AM

Welcome to the forum! Please share some pics of your horses with us.

Stichy 02-04-2013 02:29 PM

Hey I've rode with you guys before at Mary's barn! I was on the liver chestnut mare :)