The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Help Me Find My Perfect Horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/help-me-find-my-perfect-horse-150188/)

LoveTheSaddlebreds 01-16-2013 04:46 PM

Help Me Find My Perfect Horse?

Okay, so perfect is a stretch, but I've been searching for almost 9 months, and still haven't found exactly what I want. Price HAS to be low. I've been looking into thoroughbred rescues and rehoming organizations, because I really love thoroughbreds and love the idea of adopting.

What I've been advertising is something young with little training but lots of potential. A good brain and decent conformation is a must! I have plenty of trainers with different backgrounds and approaches to help me. I am looking for barns to do a working student position with, so it'd be something I'd want to bring along myself.

I am pretty much looking for as cheap as I can get! I'd like to keep a budget of $1000. I go to school and work part time, so my money is limited, but it is doable!

Thanks!

EliRose 01-16-2013 05:42 PM

Have you checked out ReRun? I always love their horses:)

NC Horse Adoption
NY Horse Adoption
NJ Horse Adoption

In the NJ chapter, I've met both North Flash and Be A General. Fantastic, sweet horses!

LoveTheSaddlebreds 01-16-2013 07:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thank you! I've sent some emails around now.. I got a reply from someone who had a pictureless dreamhorse ad and attached below are the pictures I got. This is a 16h 4yo mare who is off track. Not sure how long off track, her current owners don't know. I know these are the worst for confo critiques, but they're all I got.

LoveTheSaddlebreds 01-16-2013 08:12 PM

I think I might pass on this one

FeatheredFeet 01-16-2013 10:08 PM

If your name suggests anything, then why not look into rescue Saddlebreds. Some great and often well trained, horses needing homes.

Lizzie

Phly 01-16-2013 10:14 PM

WHere are you located?
Posted via Mobile Device

LoveTheSaddlebreds 01-16-2013 10:18 PM

@FeatheredFeet I grew up riding them and love them a lot, but I'm not sure they're well suited for the discipline I show now.

@Phly I live in Rockville MD, but I would board in Manassas VA.

Phly 01-16-2013 10:25 PM

Hmmm well my suggestion was going to be check with the Amish if you were lookin for saddlebred's. That's most of the buggy horses. But PA would be a bit far I'd think. And if you're not set on a saddlebred I suppose that was kinda useless lol. Anyhows, I suppose knowing your location will be usefull in helping folks give ya leads on horses. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

LoveTheSaddlebreds 01-16-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phly (Post 1847967)
Hmmm well my suggestion was going to be check with the Amish if you were lookin for saddlebred's. That's most of the buggy horses. But PA would be a bit far I'd think. And if you're not set on a saddlebred I suppose that was kinda useless lol. Anyhows, I suppose knowing your location will be usefull in helping folks give ya leads on horses. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you're thinking Standardbred ;) Standardbreds are mostly used by amish to pull carts and buggies, I haven't heard of any Saddlebreds before.

Phly 01-16-2013 10:31 PM

Lmao! You're right. I even accidentally typed standardbred when I was typing it and went back and changed it. Brain fart
Posted via Mobile Device