The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Natural horses brushes what are the best (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/natural-horses-brushes-what-best-150392/)

phoenixbabey 01-18-2013 04:04 PM

Natural horses brushes what are the best

I want natural horse brushes because most of my horse are arab or part arab and all have thin sesitive coats. My problem is they can be pricey thats fine but each horse needs its own pack so thats 5 packs i would like to get five packs for $250 or under so $50 EA that will last for a long time:-).

I live in australia so if I bye them online they must be able to post them here.

Does anyone have a good idea:-o:-o.
I was thinking these brushes but i would like to pay less than this:-| the cheapest pack wis $65, But they look realy nice.

horse grooming brushes

HorseTrance 01-18-2013 07:02 PM

Well, why dont you see what the bristles of the brush are made of. Then try to find a human version of the same thing? Or even a dog version maybe. It might be cheaper. I'd use my brush on my horse if it was the same bristles/material lol I once saw my friend use some kind of special baby brush that was a few dollars on a small filly vs that she would pay $20 dollars for the "horse version" of it. Same materials, saving money and being very oddly creative. lol

Then again, some harder like bristles used on horses are definitely not used on human hair of any kind lol. Depends on what your looking for I guess. Just an idea though.

Northernstar 01-18-2013 07:21 PM

Welcome to the forum! I think I paid only $4.99 for a very nice finishing brush (Tractor Supply Co.) - it's man-made and very soft, which may meet your needs if available to you in Australia. Good luck :)

phoenixbabey 01-19-2013 04:29 AM

Thankq for your help

usandpets 01-19-2013 09:03 AM

Just curious. Why do you think each horse needs its own set of brushes? Do they each have different skin disorders?

We have two sets total and have 8 horses. One set of brushes for me and one for my wife. Also, with two sets, if one horse came down with a condition, one set could be used for that horse and the second used for the rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

flyinghighleo 01-19-2013 10:59 AM

I personally would not do it , you can order amazing bushes for half of that ! If your horse has an unhealthy coat I think its more the feed and other means of correcting that and keep the fur much more healthy then a brush :)

phoenixbabey 01-19-2013 04:03 PM

Nah they all have nice coats the only reason i wont a set for each horse is because Monty Roberts (horse trainer natural horsemanship) proved that horses can tell if there things are been used on other horses such as halters and saddle cloths. With horses like arabs because they bond to normally one person it stresses them out. I no my arab doesnt even like when i ride my stockhorse and he will pick on his best friend for days after I ride him you might think i'm silly todo this but i love my arabs and they do normally only bond to one person :))

HorseGuru 01-19-2013 05:03 PM

And that's why I don't ride Arabs :) good luck. Seems you need to disapline the horse if he acts up if you ride brush etc
Posted via Mobile Device

usandpets 01-19-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixbabey (Post 1851706)
Nah they all have nice coats the only reason i wont a set for each horse is because Monty Roberts (horse trainer natural horsemanship) proved that horses can tell if there things are been used on other horses such as halters and saddle cloths. With horses like arabs because they bond to normally one person it stresses them out. I no my arab doesnt even like when i ride my stockhorse and he will pick on his best friend for days after I ride him you might think i'm silly todo this but i love my arabs and they do normally only bond to one person :))

All I can say is wow. I've never heard that before. But I'm not a fan of Monty either. Given he is an older guy and his methods do work for some people, I think that "sneaks" around the horse too much. I've seen some his shows on tv and all I could do was shake my head and laugh. I'm not saying he's bad, just not for me.

Edit: Granted i haven't had a lot of experience with Arabs. My wife's horse is Arab or mostly, and she has a good connection with him. I do have some issues when I first get on him but that is because I won't tolerate the things she lets him get away with. Once he tests me, the rest of the ride is fine. He stands better for the farrier and vet with me holding than with her.
Posted via Mobile Device

phoenixbabey 01-19-2013 10:11 PM

Apperantly its not just arabs its all horses exept most just exept that their owners wont bye them their own brushes, but arabs bond to one person and tell them if there unhappy :)))).

And I do like monty so I do stick by him but its also not him that has just said that some chick ill remember her name later lol :)))).

Thanks again for the info guyz I know not everyone loves arabs but ya get used to em and never let them go.