The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Coloured Pencil Drawing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/coloured-pencil-drawing-150489/)

Caitlinpalomino 01-19-2013 10:27 PM

Coloured Pencil Drawing

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest coloured pencil drawing. It isnt done yet still have to work more on the neck and put a bit more detail into certain areas. Thought I would share it so far anyway see if anyone has any advice for me!

Im not happy with the cheeck, I went dark to early and now the paper wont let me do anymore on that area.

Ashleysmardigrasgirl 01-19-2013 10:29 PM

Awesome!!! Nicely done!!!

Caitlinpalomino 01-19-2013 10:41 PM

Thankyou!

Note that I also have to do some work on the blaze , I havnt touched that area yet so thats why it is a bit hard to see.

JaphyJaphy 01-19-2013 10:53 PM

Wow, I really like that. Do you do commissions? :D

HorseCrazyTeen 01-20-2013 12:03 AM

I don't have a lick of advice--I'm not anywhere near that good! But I just had to say that it looks just awesome to me. I wish I could do color.

Caitlinpalomino 01-20-2013 01:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
No I dont do Commisions JaphyJaphy. Just draw for fun Im only 15 so it might be something to think about in the future :D

Thanks Horsecrazyteen!

Here is an update. Putting it aside for now and might come back later and fix up a few things.

The Second One Is the start of my next drawing , a chestnut thoroughbred racing.

The Third is a close up of the eye.

tinyliny 01-20-2013 01:55 AM

I think you did the muzzle on that horse just so sensitively. I am drawn to look there above any other place on the horse.

Caitlinpalomino 01-20-2013 01:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hmm they came out small let me try that again

Caitlinpalomino 01-20-2013 01:58 AM

The muzzle was the first thing I did on that one so I went the slowest on it. Hmm I would rather the veiwer be drawn to the eye so I will work on that in this next one.

Equusketch 01-20-2013 12:08 PM

I'm with Tinyliny. The first thing I was drawn to was the eye. So expressive, but what I wound up spending the most time looking at was the muzzle, especially around the mouth. I love drawings that take my eye all over the place. I think you have improved leaps and bounds in a short amount of time. Age shouldn't be a limiting factor if you want to start doing commissions. You are easily good enough to start charging for your drawings. Start low and gradually increase price as you get more interest. My first commission drawings weren't as good as this one you just did if that makes you feel better.