The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Jobs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/)
-   -   Oregon College Student Looking For Horse Opportunities (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/oregon-college-student-looking-horse-opportunities-150560/)

sarahb 01-20-2013 02:48 PM

Oregon College Student Looking For Horse Opportunities

Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm a student at Southern Oregon University majoring in theatre arts. When I'm not at school I live in Washington, where my horses are located. I'm currently looking for a job anywhere near Ashland, OR that has to do with horses: I'm an excellent stall cleaner/barn organizer/tack cleaner/groom/light exerciser if anyone is looking! I can generally work weekdays after 4 pm, Fridays after 11pm and most weekends, although due to being a student in the theatre department, my schedule can get kind of hectic sometimes. I would like to get paid for work, but I will also be open for other options.

I would consider myself an upper-intermediate rider with lots of ride time. I've been trained in stockseat and huntseat (pleasure and equitation), showmanship, driving (mostly minis and shetlands), and a little dressage, gaming, and cow events. I've worked with many different breeds/types of horses as well, ranging from stock type to saddle type, push-buttons to spur-stoppers, minis/shetlands to fjords. Most of my showing background comes from open shows in my youth, but I competed in WAHSET for four years (going to state three of those years), and also ASPC/AMHA breed shows in the upper PNW Area (I can't remember which number) where I showed mostly classic shetlands, as well as modern shetland halter. I would like to get a job in a APHA/AQHA/etc show barn, AMHA/ASPC barn, or perhaps a lesson/boarding facility. I would be willing to work in a hunter/jumper barn, although I have very little experience in them.

I have some references if you are interested. I'm also still learning, but I'm a quick and willing learner. Please contact me if you are, or know of anyone who is hiring or looking for help close to my area! Thank you!
Sarah