The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   To use in Halter class or not? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/use-halter-class-not-150580/)

Horsecents1997 01-20-2013 05:35 PM

To use in Halter class or not?

4 Attachment(s)
I was wondering if I would be completely laughed at if I brought this horse into a halter class. IN these pictures Chance is quite a bit more underweight than he is now. unfortunately I do not have more current pictures of him :( He's grade, but I'm pretty sure he has some Thoroughbred i him. Also what do you guys think of his conformation?

Schulzs89 01-20-2013 05:49 PM

These aren't the best pics for a critique he looks sickle hocked from these angles and his back looks long, but these angles from the pictures might just be making him look worse than he really is. I would try to take new pics, directly in front, back and a perfectly profile picture of his side.
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 01-20-2013 05:55 PM

Hard photos to judge from, but from what i can see, he has a nice shoulder
As for his neck... hard to say
Front legs look ok
Back is borderline long and roached
Steeper slope to the group and hindquarters appear slightly underdeveloped for his frame
Can't say anything about the back legs without better photos but i hope that helps atleast a little

Horsecents1997 01-20-2013 10:10 PM

Thanks! I'll try and get better photos, but he does look like a bear right now!!! :)

Horsecents1997 01-20-2013 10:13 PM

I was just thinking... Would his weight affect his back looking roached? Or at least make it look worse? I really wouldn't know but maybe some weight and muscle could help camouflage it?

Schulzs89 01-20-2013 11:26 PM

Weight and muscle can camouflage it, but some horses it may always be noticeable, that said there are a lot of useful good horses with roached backs..
Posted via Mobile Device