The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Trail rididng buddy needed in central va (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/trail-rididng-buddy-needed-central-va-150594/)

trailwalker 01-20-2013 07:43 PM

Trail rididng buddy needed in central va

Lost most of my trail companions when the boarding place changed ownership. Looking for fun energetic person/ people to share the miles of groomed trails in my backyard it is just not as fun or really that safe to ride by yourself.

Hang on Fi 01-20-2013 07:55 PM

My husband and I would most likely be interested... We're in Stafford, so 30/45 minutes away from Culpeper depending on where you're at.

We've got one seasoned trail horse and Fi (she's 5) whose learning. However, we aren't quick trail riders if you happen to have TWH... Not by choice really, a Perch/QH and an Irish Draught aren't quick footed horses lol!

MissColors 01-20-2013 08:03 PM

The day I get a horse trailer I would love to come ride. I'm in southern Maryland. Its about 2 hours. But it would be hack of a lot nicer to ride with people again someday. :P
Posted via Mobile Device

farmpony84 01-20-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hang on Fi (Post 1853187)
My husband and I would most likely be interested... We're in Stafford, so 30/45 minutes away from Culpeper depending on where you're at.

We've got one seasoned trail horse and Fi (she's 5) whose learning. However, we aren't quick trail riders if you happen to have TWH... Not by choice really, a Perch/QH and an Irish Draught aren't quick footed horses lol!

What part of stafford?

Hang on Fi 01-20-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1853202)
What part of stafford?

Route 610 / Garrisonville - Horses are boarded about 15 minutes away in Hartwood.

trailwalker 01-21-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hang on Fi (Post 1853187)

I do have twh and a paso fino. I live in sw culpeper county in the whiteshop area.

farmpony84 01-21-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hang on Fi (Post 1853255)
Route 610 / Garrisonville - Horses are boarded about 15 minutes away in Hartwood.

We are close... Have you hauled to lake Anna yet?

Hang on Fi 01-21-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1853896)
We are close... Have you hauled to lake Anna yet?

Not yet - we've been trying to though :) We usually go right outside of Kelly's Ford.

trailwalker 01-28-2013 08:46 PM

Do any of you ride @ graves mt. ?
Posted via Mobile Device

thenrie 02-02-2013 07:04 PM

Hey! I'm right here in Stafford as well, and I'm always looking for new places to ride. Not sure my QH would keep up with your TW and Paso, but we could give it a try.

I have heard Graves Mt area is nice riding. Haven't tried it yet. I was planning on doing some riding in the Rapidan and Shenandoah NP this spring and summer. I need to put some miles on my horse. PM me if you want to get together (that goes for all of you from this area) I'm retired, so my schedule is pretty flexible...that is after I finish remodeling my master bathroom...maybe the end of this month.