The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   W/T/C Riding Critique Please (video) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/w-t-c-riding-critique-please-150608/)

DoubleS 01-20-2013 10:26 PM

W/T/C Riding Critique Please (video)

Hi! Here's some bareback clips from today. It's been really melty around here so the ring that I usually ride in is flooded, so I used the less appealing upper-pasture today. On a normal day I probably would have chosen to just not ride due to the ridiculous gusty winds, and extremely muddy pasture, but my pony is back from a 2-month break because of school and injury and this is only the 2nd time I've ridden him in two months!
So obviously we're rusty. But I got some decent clips that might be worth critting!
I'm noticing now that I'm way short on the reins most of the time; especially at the beginning! What do you see?
Raws (Crit?!) - YouTube

aaand here's the edited version just for fun :)

tinyliny 01-20-2013 10:35 PM

you ride very nicely, indeed.

DoubleS 01-21-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1853420)
you ride very nicely, indeed.

Thanks
Do you think I look too big/long for him?

Jalter 01-21-2013 09:24 PM

I think you are a great rider honestly. There was one part where you seemed to bounce a bit too much on his back, but you instantly corrected it and I didn't see it again.

tinyliny 01-21-2013 10:10 PM

I think you look just fine on him. I don't have much to contribute for bareback riding critiques. But you looke well balanced and well aligned. I do better with folks riding in a saddle. Don't know why.

DoubleS 01-26-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1855228)
I think you look just fine on him. I don't have much to contribute for bareback riding critiques. But you looke well balanced and well aligned. I do better with folks riding in a saddle. Don't know why.

Thanks for the crit! Much appreciated :)

DoubleS 01-26-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalter (Post 1855142)
I think you are a great rider honestly. There was one part where you seemed to bounce a bit too much on his back, but you instantly corrected it and I didn't see it again.

Thank you!! Very appreciated!!