The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I'm so stressed out (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/im-so-stressed-out-150637/)

mtngrl7500 01-21-2013 01:35 AM

I'm so stressed out

Just a rant, clearing my head!

Everything that could be happening has to happen this week for some reason :-x

The husband is away at work, won't be home until the 30th.
I have jury duty this week.
The farrier is coming this week.
My car has to go in for maintenance, closest place is an hour away, they could possibly want to keep it.
My daughter has two cheerleading competitions, Tuesday is the last practice day, I don't know that I can get her to it.
I'm planning my daughter's birthday party which will be Feb. 3rd, I don't know when I'll have time to shop for it...all the closest stores are at least an hour away.
My horse has an insane case of rain rot that I'm having to manage multiple times a day.
I'm house training a puppy.
My parents are coming to visit the week of the 28th and my house is a wreck!

If it weren't for the **** jury duty I think I would be a lot less stressed! I'm not a "stick to the list" planner, but I like to know that I have some sort of control with stuff. Since I don't know if I'll get called or passed on, I can't plan anything, I just feel like I can't do anything...and I have no one to help me. I just want to scream!!!

I'm sure everything will work out, but right this moment, I feel helpless.

That's all, off my chest, feeling better already.

waresbear 01-21-2013 03:05 AM

Well at least you are not bored!
Posted via Mobile Device

DuffyDuck 01-21-2013 06:03 AM

These things are sent to test us ;)

delegate, delegate, delegate!

Do you not have a friend who can take your daughter, or ask one of the other mum's to pick her up?

Is there someone else at your barn that can help treat the rain rot?

faye 01-21-2013 08:21 AM

Some suggestions in bold for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtngrl7500 (Post 1853670)
Just a rant, clearing my head!

Everything that could be happening has to happen this week for some reason :-x

The husband is away at work, won't be home until the 30th.
I have jury duty this week.
The farrier is coming this week. rearrange for next week or the week after, 1 or 2 weeks wont kill them
My car has to go in for maintenance, closest place is an hour away, they could possibly want to keep it. phone the garage, ask them that if it needs to saty in they let you know or that they do the work at a later time, also ask if they have a curtasy car you could have if it needs to stay in overnight
My daughter has two cheerleading competitions, Tuesday is the last practice day, I don't know that I can get her to it. ask her to see if any of her friends or other cheerleaders can pick her up or drop her off
I'm planning my daughter's birthday party which will be Feb. 3rd, I don't know when I'll have time to shop for it...all the closest stores are at least an hour away. this is what the internet is for
My horse has an insane case of rain rot that I'm having to manage multiple times a day. can you delgate this? perhaps to daughter or other child?
I'm house training a puppy.
My parents are coming to visit the week of the 28th and my house is a wreck! tackle it one item at a time, if you get 5 mins spare do something in the house, whilst you are waiting for the kettle to boil wipe your surfaces or put away the dishes etc one task at a time and get the kids helping you!

If it weren't for the **** jury duty I think I would be a lot less stressed! I'm not a "stick to the list" planner, but I like to know that I have some sort of control with stuff. Since I don't know if I'll get called or passed on, I can't plan anything, I just feel like I can't do anything...and I have no one to help me. I just want to scream!!!

I'm sure everything will work out, but right this moment, I feel helpless.

That's all, off my chest, feeling better already.

Faceman 01-21-2013 01:42 PM

I'm just glad I'm not on trial for something this week in your district...:rofl:

mtngrl7500 01-21-2013 07:54 PM

Well, after today the stress is easing and I'm feeling sorted out. The farrier called this morning and came this afternoon - he was originally coming later in the week but didn't know what day. I normally would have cancelled an appointment like that, but the horses were already two months past due and this was a new guy I was trying out. Not to mention, he was the only person that was available to new clients.

My jury duty for tomorrow was cancelled so I'm free to get some birthday stuff done and get my daughter to her practice. I really was at a loss for how that was going to go, I really don't have any help. The few people I know all work during the day. She's only 4 and I don't know any of the other parents. I had decided that I was going to call the coach for some help, but now it's not an issue.

As far as help with my horse, I have no one. I don't board and there is no one that I know that is competent enough to give her meds and whatnot. I'm just going to have to manage that the best I can and settle on the fact that partial care is better than no care.

My car can wait, for now anyway. If I continue to get passed up for jury duty I'll take it this week, otherwise I'll just drive the huge diesel. It's aggravating and I hate it, but at least I have an alternate.

So anyway, the stress is easing and I don't feel so out of sorts.

farmpony84 01-21-2013 08:03 PM

Nothing like a married single mom!

FGRanch 01-21-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1854270)
I'm just glad I'm not on trial for something this week in your district...:rofl:

On my gosh I laughed

MyBoyPuck 01-22-2013 10:27 PM

Wow you would have had me at "house training a puppy". Just keep telling yourself the world keeps spinning. In a few weeks, you'll be on the other side of this blob of stress and forget all about it.

mtngrl7500 01-22-2013 11:21 PM

As of this afternoon, I'm already there! I did my daily call in for the jury duty and I've been discharged for the remainder of the week...yay! Now I can get everything done without having to schedule around it. As you can see, I'm super busy and usually stay that way - it doesn't take but one kink to send me in a spiral lol.