The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does your horse like music?!

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Horse racer 
#1 ·
I know my horse loves music! Coke's favorite song is "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". I turn it up while I'm bathing him and it makes him so happy! He bobs his head up and down and paws at the ground. When he's feeling frisky, sometimes I'll let him go in the arena and watch him sprint around as fast as he can to "Go Girl" by Pitbull. He also really likes the radio stations with the biggest hits, but "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" will always be his classic favorite.

#4 ·
My horse seems to like really obscure music. My iPod is full of the most random stuff because I like just about anything and the songs that are calming and energizing at the same time she loves. We tend to ride those and there is a difference in her canter when the music is on. She tend to take a longer smoother stride. It's so much fun.

#7 ·
I always sing to my horse while we're grooming. He seems to really like it. He puts his head down and relaxes. These constant grooming sessions of singing have really helped us bond. Lol. My lesson teacher has even had music lessons with us so we can ride to the beat. Audi and I love it!
Posted via Mobile Device

#8 ·
My next trail ride I plan on bringing my ipod speakers to the barn and playing it while we're grooming and tacking up, amd them hopefully I can get something other than pandora on my fancy new phone and play it during our ride.

I imagine it might calm ST down some..hopefully. we're still working on being a sane road/trail horse while alone..lol. Getting better, but we still have a ways to go..haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
I know my horse loves music! Coke's favorite song is "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". I turn it up while I'm bathing him and it makes him so happy! He bobs his head up and down and paws at the ground. .
That's really cool and awesome! Just shows you how intelligent they really are...I need to figure what my horse's favorite song is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.