The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Summer Blanket (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/summer-blanket-150955/)

Breezy2011 01-23-2013 02:35 PM

Summer Blanket

I am preparing for spring and summer now, that it is getting later in winter, and only a month left till spring arrives. I have fly spray for my horse, from last year (kept in doors all winter)

I am getting her a white fly sheet (she is black) for summer, to keep the sun from fading her, and to keep the flies off, all while keeping her cooler (the black fur won't be attracting the sun as much)

This is the blanket:
Kool Coat Light UV Fly Sheet - Statelinetack.com

I was wondering if it would be suitable, our summers in canada can get to 40 C but not usually, The average summer tempature is 25 C about.

This blanket is Ultra Light and will fit her.

Speed Racer 01-23-2013 02:36 PM

A lot of people use fly sheets in the summer, so I think you'll be fine.

NBEventer 01-23-2013 02:40 PM

I have this one Kool Coat Standard Neck Lite Sheet my mare is a bay, she is out 24/7 in the summer unless its storming. I have walked outside when it was 40c with the humidity and put my hand under the sheet and she was cool as could be. I was surprised as she tends to sweat in just about any fly sheet. But this one she stays nice and cool. I love Kool Coat sheets now. Last summer won me over in a big way, I plan on ordering another as a back up just in case.

Breezy2011 01-23-2013 02:42 PM

Sooo.... yes I should get it?

I just don't want to make my black horse, hotter in the summer then she has to be

NBEventer 01-23-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy2011 (Post 1857976)
Sooo.... yes I should get it?

I just don't want to make my black horse, hotter in the summer then she has to be

Well seeing as my bay horse doesn't sweat in it and is cool as can be even in 40c weather there wont be a problem.