The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Riding in jeans with buttons? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/riding-jeans-buttons-151009/)

Llamallover86 01-23-2013 10:14 PM

Riding in jeans with buttons?

I have a pair of Miss Me jeans that I'd like to ride in but they have buttons on the back pockets. Would it scrape up the seat on my saddle?
Posted via Mobile Device

freia 01-23-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamallover86 (Post 1858753)
I have a pair of Miss Me jeans that I'd like to ride in but they have buttons on the back pockets. Would it scrape up the seat on my saddle?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you know the answer to that.:wink:

Buttons, bling, rhinestones. Run your had over anything that will touch the saddle. Rub hard. Really hard. It it scratches your skin, it will scratch the saddle.

Thunderkingracer 01-23-2013 10:17 PM

I don't think so my jeans don't but sometimes it can be uncofmortable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Llamallover86 01-23-2013 10:25 PM

I've seen people riding in them before so that's why I asked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallaby 01-23-2013 10:28 PM

I've ridden plenty in jeans with buttons on the back pockets and I've never seen any scratches. Suede (or whatever that stuff is) seats, slick seats, seats that were just leather over wood, seats that were leather over padding, english saddles...no issues.

That being said: if you're riding in a saddle that you would be broken up over, if it were to get scratched, I would find a different pair of jeans to ride in. Better safe that sorry!

Silhouette 01-23-2013 10:40 PM

I agree, better safe than sorry! I generally ride in plain pocketed jeans (or with just stitching designs), but that's more to protect my pretty jeans than the saddles...LOL.

horsegirlalex 01-24-2013 12:34 AM

is your saddle synthetic, or leather??
if its leather, it will scratch it a bit ( but not too much )
and if it synthetic then probably not much at all! haha and if it does give any MINOR scratch it wont be notice able haha:)

ALSO it depends how high up your pocket it on your butt! chances are your button might not even rub against the saddle ya know?

Deschutes 01-24-2013 12:39 AM

I DESPISE with an evil passion riding in butt-buttoned jeans... I end up with little bruises in my tush-less tuckus.

But aside from that, some saddles do get torn up in their use.

waresbear 01-24-2013 12:57 AM

I have ridden in Miss Me & Rock & Roll Cowgirls, no scratches on my saddle, I believe the studs on the pockets clear your saddle.

waleybean 01-27-2013 12:05 PM

If in doubt, don't wear them. :)