The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Helloooo (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/helloooo-151099/)

mysolarflare 01-24-2013 07:32 PM

Helloooo

2 Attachment(s)
Ive already posted a thread or two, but thought i needed to introduce myselfnto the forum properly

Im Shahla and im 17, im the owner of two amazing horseys
iIm a relativley new horse owner recieving my first horse in April and my second in October.

My riding expierience is intresting to say the least

Ive been riding since i was about nine or ten but only once or twice a year and on a crazy shetland with what i now know was a rock hard mouth and a mind of her own, not to mention she was a rescue with a bad past, i loved her though!

She enjoyed running away with her Arabian buddy witb me glued to her back on a trail, i learned quickly balance and control. I knew how to stay on no matter what!

I went to horse camp for two weeks at about age 11 i think, i learned how i real horse was supposed to act. Learned all the basics and then went back to the crazy shetland until about age 13.

Riding stopped for me until April of this year, i started to get real lessons, I progressed quickly, and was considered an 'advanced rider' because i could handle whatevr.

Then i got Chispa, definately not a first horse by any means. A hot Peruvian that was only ridden annually. I didnt care the owners wanted to get rid of her because they didnt have time for her, she was underweight, unhappy, and people shy.

I took tothe barn i was at and we trail rode she learned to trust me but she didnt improve her attitude or temperment.

For stupid reasons i was forced to leave that barn but it was for the best.

My dad surprised me withba trainer, who transformed chispa in one lesson explaining her nervousness due to being unbalanced and other reasons, Chispa went from being ridden in a tight rein in a curb bit at a dance not a walk to ridden in a full cheek snaffle on a loose rein at a relaxed and stretched walk.

And now i can ride her in a halter bare back !

I recently got Bolt my three year old Quarter horse x Warmblood as an early birthday present. Im in the process of starting and backing him, and habe ridden him twice now on the lunge line at a walk, he is an intresting horse who acts more like a puppy then a horse.

Sometimes i cant believe how far ive coome in the past year and the fact that im breaking my own horse baffles me (with my trainers guidance of course). Its all a dream come true and a great blessing.
:D

oh i have a blog shahlaandchispa.blogspot.com
and a youtube Shahla Bauldwin - YouTube

mysolarflare 01-24-2013 07:34 PM

sorry for all the typos

HorseLovinLady 01-24-2013 08:02 PM

Welcome to the forum!! Your horses are beautiful!

waresbear 03-04-2013 08:15 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum. Your horses are very nice, however are you aware that in the first picture, your horse's boots on the wrong legs, your fronts on the backs and vice versa, oops!

xlionesss 03-04-2013 08:18 PM

Nice to see you're in Virginia, what city?

mysolarflare 03-06-2013 12:58 PM

-waresbear- my boots are two different sets the backs are actually labeled hind sports medicine boots and the fronts are splint boots they wouldn't fit on hind legs properly lol

-xlioness - Hampton roads area, in Suffolk

NBEventer 03-06-2013 06:05 PM

Welcome to the forum :-)

Your front boots are too small if they are in fact front boots. I suspect they are pony boots as they are fitting more like an ankle boot. Front boots should come up higher on the leg :)

mysolarflare 03-06-2013 06:19 PM

They are one size fits all says so on inside, boots lol they aren't for support just brushing,