The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Billy Royal vintage saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/billy-royal-vintage-saddle-151126/)

jbrudos 01-24-2013 11:55 PM

Billy Royal vintage saddle

4 Attachment(s)
I have a Billy Royal sterling silver saddle my mother bought from a vet 30 years ago. It has a matching bridal, breastplate and halter. The saddle has a wrapped rawhide horn, which I've been told is a special trademark of the saddle It's in good shape except the seat is slightly worn. I feel the silver alone is worth something. The halter has large silver buckles on it.The saddles been kept inside for something time now and it's time to sell it. It does have a handmade in Texas stamp by the Billy Royal stamp.

Any ideas on what this saddle may be worth is appreciated. I have no idea.

Thank you,
Jamie[ATTACH]Attachment 126980

Attachment 126981

Attachment 126982

Attachment 126983[/ATTACH]

waresbear 01-25-2013 08:06 PM

It's worthless, taking up space, send it to me! Seriously though, that looks like a comfy old beauty, sorry I can not give you a value, but it's not cheap.

Annanoel 01-25-2013 08:17 PM

I agree definitley worth NOTHING. ;) It's gorgeous, I'm sorry I can't really give you a figure. I would take it to a local tack shop in your area and have it appraised. They'd be able to tell you the best value vs. the current market. It looks like it's in really good shape though.

LeahKathleen 01-25-2013 08:22 PM

Hm, looks like that thing is taking up a lot of space in your house. I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :P

Gorgeous. Doesn't look 30 years old, that's for sure. I agree that taking it to a local tack shop or tack trader to find out what it would be worth in the current market. I'm not super familiar with the Billy Royal brand, but that one looks to be well-made and in good shape.

Good luck! I doubt you'll have a problem finding a buyer once you find out a fair price.