The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Is it summer yet!? Tired of winter weather!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/summer-yet-tired-winter-weather-151148/)

Klassic Superstar 01-25-2013 05:32 AM

Is it summer yet!? Tired of winter weather!!

Well I don't know about you guys, but I live in rainy wet cold WA. On a small island called Vashon. Last week was great and dry, freezing but dry!
Now it's back to rain!

Looked at my weather report on my phone....what a sad moment.
Rain for the next 6 days, I was going to post a photo but it won't load!

So can we get to warmer dryer weather yet?
Please!
I'm tired of heavy blankets, frozen arenas, using the rain cover for my saddle, being less motivated to get out and ride, having freezing toes and fingers by the end of the ride...lol DONE I SAY!:evil:

Also all this winter hair....done with that too, had to break down last month and clip Ollie's neck and chest cause cooling out was up to an hour or more with all the sweat!

Really excited to get the shedding going, want to see the beautiful glossy black coat to show off alk the hard work we put in and have a wonderfully built top line and such! :wink:

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/...6141bf3ccf.jpg

This is the coat I want to see again, just with way more muscle hehe

Tracer 01-25-2013 06:22 AM

Think yourself lucky that you aren't in Australia :P We're in the middle of summer and have had a massive outbreak of fires. At one point there were around 130 in my state alone. Last week, there was a day that hit 122 Fahrenheit... I'd kill for your weather! Send me some of your rain, and I'll send you some nice dry heat :P

Klassic Superstar 01-25-2013 06:30 AM

Oh my! How miserable! I'll send rainy thoughts your way for sure!
So sorry your having fires!

poppy1356 01-25-2013 06:58 AM

Ha we are finally supposed to get above 0 today for the first time in a week. It has been about -10 with windchills down to -40. Only time I get to spend with the horse is snuggling in the stall using her to unthaw my fingers lol.

But I will say a rainy cold sucks. Just about 2 more months for me until we have a glimmer of hope.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cacowgirl 01-25-2013 11:03 AM

We're getting rain, too, but it's much warmer than it was the last couple of weeks.

wetrain17 01-25-2013 11:10 AM

I don't mind the winter. I'm a cold weather person. I can't stand when its so hot and humid out when you walk outside, your clothes start to stick to you. No, thank you!

tbrantley 01-25-2013 02:00 PM

I just came in from breaking the ice on the water droughts for the horses and dogs. Hooked up the hose to fill it back up...no water. Thought the hose was frozen dragged it to the house to warm it up. Went and got the hose that was warm hooked it up to find out that the water hydrant is frozen and I can’t fill their droughts back up. I packed water from the hydrant that is 300 yards away. Clean out the stalls and brush down some of the ice cycles off their bodies. Yes, I love winter……when it is above freezing.

Just think, I get to go back out in about 4 more hours and repeat.......

shaggy 01-25-2013 02:11 PM

God Im so ready for warm weather! It does nothing here but get cold and rain! I wish if it was gonna be cold that it would at least snow! Then I would completely happy til March! I couldnt help but be a little jealous when I'm My cousin in florida text me to til me about her riding clinic she got to go to in 80 degree weather last week!

LexusK 01-25-2013 02:18 PM

I was ready for summer back in October! :D

waleybean 01-25-2013 02:46 PM

Rubbish here too. Nothing but wet and disgustingly muddy paddocks. We had snow recently but thankfully that's gone now but it's made the fields even wetter. I'm praying for Spring!! :)