The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   A video of Toril the Fjord (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/video-toril-fjord-151376/)

rileydog6 01-27-2013 01:03 AM

A video of Toril the Fjord

a couple videos of my little guy, hope you enjoy:D

oobiedoo 01-27-2013 03:07 AM

Gorgeous little horse.loved the video. Love the look of the breed, was it hard to find a Fjord and how tall is he? Whats the personality like?

rileydog6 01-27-2013 10:55 AM

Surprisingly it wasn't that hard to find a fjord, there is one breeder in virginia and this little guy was on consignment there from a family that evented fjords but this guy was alittle too small for them.toril is the smallest they come at 13.2 hands but they can get up to 14.3 and very rarely you get a 15 hand one, they also come in light, medium, and heavy build, toril is a medium.personality wise I could go on forever about toril, fjords in general are very smart but toril is extremely smart, he gets bored very easy, we do something different every day, from trick training, lungeing,trail,dressage,jumping, ect… Fjords are people pleasers and will do whatever they can do to get a laugh.fjords also have a lot of heart, several eventers moved up to large warmbloods and they all missed their fjords because they had the heart and drive to try there best. the nice thing about fjords is that they are all rounders, we do eventing, endurance,mounted games, dressage, jumpers, foxhunting/ hunterpace, western, and as a 3 year old he did mounted shooting.oh and the best part about fjords is there calm, quite, and bombproof; when we go to horse shows im the one having a panic attack while he just stands there falling asleep and calming me down.there are fjords that have a little more go than others,toril is forward,so depending on what you would want to do with them you might have to find the right energy to fit you,let me know if you want to know anything more:)

Phly 01-27-2013 12:54 PM

Cool video. That spill over the jump looked rough! I fell In love with fjords after seeing one at an auction. Was a mare and filly, I intended to buy them but missed them selling. Still kick myself about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cacowgirl 01-28-2013 05:05 PM

Your pony has a lot of heart! He is a very nice jumper. You are so lucky to have found him.

stevenson 01-29-2013 12:54 AM

I love my Fjord. She is a powerhouse. I call her my draft pony, which would probably put breeder panties in a twist. I love her odd whiny .
You are lucky you nor your horse got hurt in that fall !

rileydog6 02-01-2013 03:41 PM

Thank you for your comments! This is 2 years of work, ride/ work him every day for atleast an hour.when I first got him he didn't have steering,brakes,and only walk and gallop; he also refused to step over poles and through empty standards so I spent hours just walk, trot, and cantering through them when I first got him.
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 02-01-2013 04:14 PM

Love the videos! What a wonderful little jumper ;)