The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   I love the big little moments... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/i-love-big-little-moments-151434/)

MyBoyPuck 01-27-2013 05:11 PM

I love the big little moments...

I accomplished something so small and so big at the same time today. After two weeks of riding my TB in a continually excited state due to high winds and low temperatures, and riding for hours in vain trying to convince him no monsters were present, I finally got him to RELAX today! I managed to push all the right buttons and was smart enough to stay away from the bad buttons. I rewarded every attempt he made to be brave and it paid off big time. He went from giraffe to Totilas in about 15 minutes floating around the ring like a balerina. Obviously there are no coworkers in my office or friends I can tell this to without them wondering what's wrong with me, so I'll telling all of you. I love the big little moments. Drove all the way down to work with a big grin on my face. :-P

Dustbunny 01-27-2013 05:23 PM

I know how you feel...and it feels good, doesn't it!
Congratulations.

countrylove 01-27-2013 08:43 PM

Congrats! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

JaphyJaphy 01-27-2013 08:47 PM

Congrats! I love the big little moments too, they are so satisfying!

waresbear 01-27-2013 08:51 PM

Enjoy the feeling!
Posted via Mobile Device

LexusK 01-27-2013 09:04 PM

Little victories are sometimes the biggest rewards! :)

Audacious14 01-27-2013 09:46 PM

I flipped out the other day when my horse rounded out at the canter. He only stayed in it a couple of strides but it's those little moments that make riding worth while to me. The big moments are nice too. ;)

Congrats! :D

brittabam 01-29-2013 05:13 PM

This is so good to read! Congrats! Now the challenge is to remember that moment on a bad day. Or well that is my challenge...lol

RobinG 01-30-2013 08:45 PM

That's fantastic, congrats!!

LynnF 01-30-2013 10:25 PM

I love those little moments. When I have an awesome ride and something goes great and I come into the house all excited my boyfriend looks at me like I am crazy! The other day I came inside after working with my 3 year old and I had a huge grin on my face and was practically dancing. My boyfriend asked me why and I was like "Bert stopped without using my reins at all!!!" and he was like "ok.. and??" So nice to have other horsey people to brag to when your loved ones just don't get it!