The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Fi's Videos from our "Fun" show... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/fis-videos-our-fun-show-151477/)

Hang on Fi 01-27-2013 11:28 PM

Fi's Videos from our "Fun" show...

Fi and I had a horse show this weekend at Kelly's Ford, it was a "Fun Show" and our first show together (her second in her life)

Fiona is a 5 year old Irish Draught I bought out of Missouri, only had her about 9 months or so... But I couldn't ask for a better brain in a horse and she continues to blow me away with her maturity and sensibility!

We ended up doing five classes, was supposed to be doing four... but I accidentally stayed in on a class I hadn't signed up for. Show nerves I tell you!

In the classes it went as such:

5th out of 5: Senior Horse English Pleasure W/T
2nd out of 5: Senior Horse English Pleasure W/T/C
2nd out of 5: Senior Horse Equitation W/T
2nd out of 6: 18" Cross-Pole Equitation
5th out of 6: 18" Hunter Over Fences Cross Poles

The English Pleasure W/T was a complete fail on me in the sense Fiona can't poop and trot... She had to poop, thus broke from a trot to a dead halt... Immediate knock to 5th (Grrr). I encouraged her to trot, but when a big girl wants to stop... She'll stop :lol:

The Hunter over fences class was a fail on my part because I blanked out after she stumbled after the 3rd fence... Forgot my pattern :oops: Had to ask the judge... Quite... Embarrassing.

I was absolutely THRILLED with Fiona and her performance, despite her screaming for Harley (we are working on this) she did phenomenal...

^ - My accidental class, W/T/C English Pleasure. So happy with her! I lost my stirrup on the last lap around the ring no less... I couldn't feel them to save my life so incredibly cold that morning.

^ - Our first jump course (Equitation) Don't mind the obvious facepalm moments :lol:

waresbear 01-27-2013 11:33 PM

You were very nicely turned out for a winter show. Looked pretty cold too!
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 01-27-2013 11:49 PM

Well done!!! :-)

Hang on Fi 01-28-2013 10:32 AM

That was supposed to be W/T/C was out of 4, I forgot one of the riders left the ring (doh!)

Thank you both very much! I was very happy with Fiona... My husband had me do a list of things I wanted to accomplish in the show and was quite ecstatic to know we had. Couldn't have asked for a better day :)

Was quite chilly, we got there around 7 a.m. by which my toes went numb in the first 30 minutes and then the rest of the day (2 p.m. or so) I still couldn't feel 'em! In my W/T I had to make a quick glance downward to make sure I had my feet where they needed to be. I guess I wasn't entirely prepared for the cold!

Pattilou 01-30-2013 11:33 PM

You have a really nice relaxed, balanced seat !

Hang on Fi 01-31-2013 01:46 PM

Thank you so much :)