The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trailers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/)
-   -   Think I could..? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/think-i-could-151479/)

Cweaver 01-27-2013 11:41 PM

Think I could..?

Several years ago, we had a very nice trailer, 3 horse slant with a tack room up front, no rust. Then, the economy hit my family and it was either the trailer or the horses. My mom doesn't show and doesn't trail ride besides around where I live and doesn't have a need for a trailer really. After we sold it, I stopped showing for a couple years (sad) now, I have been working with my instructor for several months and want to show this year. I had brought my horse 45 minutes away to the barn she trains out of for a few months but recently brought Colt home. I have to pay my aunt to use her trailer and she has a LARGE trailer when I only need one horse. She also lives 30 minutes away. Anyways, I have a job, work four days a week, am 17, and was wondering if it would be plausible to think I could buy a two horse, old, (but SAFE) trailer for less than 1200 or even less? If I'm being ridiculous.. tell me. I haven't been shopping much, people around my area don't post online much. If this is plausible, would you mind telling me where to look? sorry I post such long posts all the time.. for some reason I feel the need to give a back story all this!

BansheeBabe 01-27-2013 11:53 PM

1200 is a bit low for a trailer, but 1600-2000 is what I see alot for old, bumper pull trailers. I had a 1987? trailer that was amazing, never had any problems with it and I bought it when it was already 25+ years old for 1600 I believe. Try this website, I'll look and post anything I see that might work for you :) http://www.horsetrailersgalore.com/search.asp?lk=gg

Cweaver 01-28-2013 12:00 AM

1600 to 2000? I could do that by summer time I think! Time to start loading on the shifts! Thank you, I was kinda lowballing it with the 1200;P Thanks so much for doing that for me! Did you have to end up redoing the floor or anything? was it a rustbucket? I don't mind some rust obviously, but I want the floor safe for sure!

BansheeBabe 01-28-2013 12:03 AM

No, it was great! It was a reallly ugly tan color but the floors were perfect! It had been stored in a barn for a few years so it wasnt that rusty, but I did have to replace the tires

GamingGrrl 01-28-2013 12:06 AM

I have an ugly brown 1980s trailer that is sturdy and 100% safe that we got for $2000! It looks like a giant copper turd and has minor rust, but I love it! :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

BansheeBabe 01-28-2013 12:10 AM

This one isn't too bad, if you don't mind the color! 2 Horse Trailer for sale in Jones, Iowa :: HorseClicks My current trailer is turquoise so I can't really say anything xD
This one is even better... but its the same color lol. Great floors and this is the style my old trailer was 2 horse bumper pull for sale in Buena vista, Iowa :: HorseClicks

Cweaver 01-28-2013 12:18 AM

Nice, you make an A plus personal shopper;) those are awesome! and cheap! I don't mind driving around with a smurf trailer or even a big copper turd like GamingGrrl :) I seriously need to call on these..thanks!

BansheeBabe 01-28-2013 12:20 AM

No problem! I love shopping for horses and trailers online lol