The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   Django (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/django-151533/)

txshorserider 01-28-2013 01:42 PM

Django

Have yall seen Django unchained? It was pretty good....very long but good. Also some good riding especially the pally in the end. I heard most of the horses are owned by the black actor(forgot is name:?). I didnt know he was a horse person but his riding was really him and awesome.

riccil0ve 01-28-2013 04:14 PM

I thought it was a horrible movie made in poor taste that NEVER FREAKING ENDED. Nothing but racism, gore and cruelty. If that's what you're into, whatever, but it is not at all what I thought it would be about. I found the soundtrack to be way, WAY better than the movie itself.

Speed Racer 01-28-2013 04:19 PM

Well yes, but that's what it's about; slavery, racism and cruelty. I don't know if I want to see it or not, as gory revenge films aren't my thing.

kenda 01-28-2013 04:23 PM

There is a lot of blood but its done stylistically, almost cartoony. It's not graphic in anyway.

riccil0ve 01-28-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1866769)
Well yes, but that's what it's about; slavery, racism and cruelty. I don't know if I want to see it or not, as gory revenge films aren't my thing.

I knew that, but I didn't know it was going to be so tasteless and over the top. They could have followed the plot without anywhere near so much of the crap. I had no idea it was going to be that bad, the preview I saw didn't show that at all. I guess I was thinking a little more along the lines of it suggesting all these things, not showing you all these things and more.

And I disagree, it may have been a little more "cartoony" but it was VERY graphic.

And honestly, they lost me with the horrid and way too graphic shooting of the horse in the first five minutes.

Saddlebag 01-28-2013 06:47 PM

That actor, when told he'd be riding a horse, requested that he use his own horse that he knew.

huntjumpliz 01-28-2013 06:55 PM

Jamie foxx is the actor you're talking about.

The movie was bad a$$! I loved it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jake and Dai 01-28-2013 06:57 PM

I actually loved it. I'm a Quentin Tarantino fan and adore Christoph Waltz. I loved it when he introduced his horse Fritz whenever meeting someone new.

Nokotaheaven 01-29-2013 08:59 PM

It was a typical Quentin Tarantino film. I love what he made it about, and it was a good story. But I think he went overboard on the blood and having people blown away when they're shot... I also thought it was cool how he tried to mix really old movie styles with new stuff, but I found it just didn't quite work.. Other than that I loved the movie

strawberry paint 01-30-2013 12:09 AM

I haven't watched it but I heard lots about it. I don't care the for the actor and the racism that it stands for.