The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Stallion price opinions? (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/stallion-price-opinions-151672/)

QuarterCarolina 01-29-2013 02:13 PM

Stallion price opinions?

Can anyone tell me what they would consider fair priced in this economy for this horse?

AQHA Palomino Stallion | Male Quarter Horse in Oroville CA | 3258351899 | Horses on Oodle Marketplace

Thankyou

WSArabians 01-29-2013 02:21 PM

If he is conformationally sound... he is broke but not shown. Not proven (to me proven doesn't mean you can successfully put a four legged foal on the ground). Sounds like an average pedigree.
Maybe $2000. Sounds like a better gelding prospect though.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 01-29-2013 02:25 PM

Sounds like a wonderful gelding prospect and I wouldn't pay more than $500-$1000 for him. He's done nothing, his pedigree is ok but nothing to get excited about. Be a pretty trail horse.

cmarie 01-29-2013 02:35 PM

Are you looking for a stallion specifically? He sounds nice but he is a stallion and no matter how gentle they are you can never completely trust one.

OutOfTheLoop 01-29-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarie (Post 1868379)
Are you looking for a stallion specifically? He sounds nice but he is a stallion and no matter how gentle they are you can never completely trust one.

This I don't agree with. I have a friend who has a beautifull foundation quarter horse buckskin stallion. If you didn't know he was a stallion, you could be fooled. He uses him with us on the mounted patrol. He is quite, and very well trained. Will do anything you ask of him the first time, and doesnt think twice. He is the gentelest horse I have ever been around. They have had him since birth, and he has always been like that. He is also a gentle and quite breeder as well. I would trust this stud over my gelding I have owned for 15 years any day. I think with the proper attitude and handling, a stud can be just as trustworthy as any gelding or mare.
Posted via Mobile Device

cmarie 01-29-2013 03:02 PM

There are studs like that, but they can get a bee in their bonnet no matter how well trained and gentle as can any animal.

MyLittlePonies 01-29-2013 03:04 PM

1500 or less.

OutOfTheLoop 01-29-2013 03:04 PM

So can geldings and mares :) Saying you can't trust studs no matter what is like saying only pit bulls bite people.
Posted via Mobile Device

Spotted 01-29-2013 03:24 PM

Looks like a fair price to me.

QuarterCarolina 01-29-2013 03:25 PM

I am interested in him, but the price they are asking does not seem fit for him to me especially because he has not been proven or trained for any discipline really. Would be good for trails, but of course he is a stallion and he may act differently for other people. Her friend estimated him to be worth 5,000-10,000$. I thought if he were a gelding he'd be worth more, but as an unproven stallion though he is broke he isn't worth the asking price. I just wanted an opinion as I didn't agree with this and wanted another opinion. Thankyou! I think I shall keep looking.