The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Possible Buy (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/possible-buy-151677/)

allboutjess 01-29-2013 02:48 PM

Possible Buy

1 Attachment(s)
So this is my favorite horse as of right now and I think he is a blast so I was wondering your opinion on him.

This is Royal

Allison Finch 01-29-2013 03:01 PM

His front hooves have VERY different angles! His right front appears a bit clubbed, to me. Red flag for me, but could be just bad trimming. I would really check that one out.

A little thick through the throatlatch.

He's poorly posed, so it is difficult to see how he would stand naturally. What are you wanting to do with him?

allboutjess 01-29-2013 04:15 PM

I am wanting to event with him and he is 5 years old. I will get more pictures later to show you. The barns farrier didn't seem the best as we saw other horses there but it could also be the horse himself.
Posted via Mobile Device

TimberRidgeRanch 01-29-2013 04:52 PM

Honestly I would keep looking I agree with Allison as far as the front feet go and the throat latch. In my opinion I dont see him being a good choice for eventing.
JMHO

TRR

allboutjess 01-29-2013 05:24 PM

I'm not sure that this would matter but this was last summer. Thanks for the input. Would any pictures of Hume jumping help as well and could any of these things change as he matures?
Posted via Mobile Device

allboutjess 01-29-2013 05:25 PM

I meant to say him :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Elana 01-29-2013 06:48 PM

First off al he is a bit "over conditioned." (F.A.T.). His neck is a bit short. His throatlatch is wide and that can be good, but will likely do him little good with the refined nose he has. His neck ties in nicely to his withers but his peak of croup is set back a little far. He looks to have good hind quarters.

His knees and hocks are both set high. Lower knees and hocks would be much better. He is built down hill.. made to look more so by his being posed leaning forward. He is tied in a bit below the knee.

His hooves need attention. His left front heel appears to be cut low to the point where he wants to lift it off the ground.

If you buy this horse get a good PPE with xrays. IMO you could save yourself a lot of money and get a better eventing horse as an OTTB.

allboutjess 01-31-2013 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you guys this of this mare she is a tb X Friesian have not gone in person to look at her yet waiting on video.

allboutjess 02-01-2013 07:31 AM

Anybody? Bump:)

allboutjess 02-01-2013 12:31 PM

Midday bump:)