The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   VAULTING! Any Advice? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/vaulting-any-advice-151775/)

maddog1991 01-30-2013 11:37 AM

VAULTING! Any Advice?

OOOO! I'm really excited I'm going to start vaulting this month! The plan was to do it to get strength and balance back in my seat for normal riding (and confidence too). Does anyone have any advice on exercises I could do to help build my strength in between lessons? I was thinking I could learn to do some basic gymnastics and improve my flexibility. Any thoughts or advice?

Fulford15 01-30-2013 11:52 AM

Welcome to the forum!!

I think gymnastics would help a lot for vaulting, maybe try pilates too?

Vaulting is so much fun, in Pony Club we took vaulting lessons on a big Clyde named "Mouse", such a friendly giant! You will enjoy it! :D

boots 01-30-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog1991 (Post 1869712)
OOOO! I'm really excited I'm going to start vaulting this month! The plan was to do it to get strength and balance back in my seat for normal riding (and confidence too). Does anyone have any advice on exercises I could do to help build my strength in between lessons? I was thinking I could learn to do some basic gymnastics and improve my flexibility. Any thoughts or advice?

Bubble wrap. Lots of bubble wrap. I so stunk at that. Horrid. Comically bad. No ability. None.

Seriously, though, good for you. I admire people who can do it. :-)

maddog1991 01-30-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boots (Post 1870625)
Bubble wrap. Lots of bubble wrap. I so stunk at that. Horrid. Comically bad. No ability. None.

Seriously, though, good for you. I admire people who can do it. :-)

Lol thanks! I did one lesson at the walk and I squealed like a little girl but it was so fun!