The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Jimmy Wofford clinic at midwest horse fair ! (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/jimmy-wofford-clinic-midwest-horse-fair-151818/)

gypsygirl 01-30-2013 07:51 PM

Jimmy Wofford clinic at midwest horse fair !

I GOT SELECTED !!! yay

to ride in the midwest horse fair eventing clinic with Jimmy Wofford !

im so excited !!!

so if anyone wants to meet up there, me and gypsy will be THERE !!

i just found out, so i havent told gypsy yet !

MyBoyPuck 01-30-2013 10:21 PM

Yey! I've had my fingers crossed for you. That's going to be so cool! Congrats.

gypsygirl 01-31-2013 10:56 AM

thanks !!
i also found out that 3 of my eventing friends are also going to be in it !!

wetrain17 02-01-2013 09:26 AM

Make sure you have a crop on you when your ride. He gets very upset when someone does not. And if you want to practice, take away your ground lines. I've set up many courses for his clinics and in one course, there might be 2 jumps that have ground lines (no matter the height)

gypsygirl 02-01-2013 10:50 AM

thanks for the tips !! ive never even met him yet !

i would never go with out a crop, i have an incredibly strict trainer lol

im glad he doesnt do many ground lines, stadium never has ground lines anymore, because you cant use a rail as a ground line.

ive been trying to decide if i should braid or not, what do you think ?

wetrain17 02-01-2013 11:11 AM

Not necessary. Just make sure your horse is well groomed, clean clothes, tack, (including saddle pad). And be strong! I've never participated or watched one of his clinics where someone didnt either 1. fall off or 2. cry.

gypsygirl 02-01-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetrain17 (Post 1872916)
Not necessary. Just make sure your horse is well groomed, clean clothes, tack, (including saddle pad). And be strong! I've never participated or watched one of his clinics where someone didnt either 1. fall off or 2. cry.

wow ok ! i will try not to cry OR fall off !

thanks for the advice, im an ex pony clubber so clean i can totally do lol

Corazon Lock 02-01-2013 08:03 PM

I talked to him over the phone for an interview for my college paper. You're talking about Jim Wofford, correct? Jim, Jimmy...the guy that does the column in Practical Horseman? I interviewed him on eventing and why it was still safe to do (had to be a persuasive research paper).

He's way into rider fitness and balance, as well as control. Recommends lots of no stirrup work. Says a horse should be physically and mentally prepared.

That's all I've got. I pumped him for information otherwise. Very keen man. I'd ride under him if I got the chance to.

gypsygirl 02-01-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corazon Lock (Post 1873724)
I talked to him over the phone for an interview for my college paper. You're talking about Jim Wofford, correct? Jim, Jimmy...the guy that does the column in Practical Horseman? I interviewed him on eventing and why it was still safe to do (had to be a persuasive research paper).

He's way into rider fitness and balance, as well as control. Recommends lots of no stirrup work. Says a horse should be physically and mentally prepared.

That's all I've got. I pumped him for information otherwise. Very keen man. I'd ride under him if I got the chance to.

yep same person !

thats awesome that you interviewed him, sounds like you got lots of info out of it =]

im pretty fit and apparently he thought my position was good enough (you had to audition to get in). i will be doing some no stirrup work when i can ride again...it has been super cold and ive been super sick the last 2 weeks so ive only ridden twice =[

caseymyhorserocks 02-01-2013 10:53 PM

Awesome! Let us know how it goes- any chance you can get pictures?