The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trainers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/)
-   -   why must there be so many pat VS clint threads? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/why-must-there-so-many-pat-151839/)

Tayla101 01-31-2013 12:08 AM

why must there be so many pat VS clint threads?

Ive been reading through alot of theses threads lately and i have nothing against either trainers although i do prefer clinton over pat but at the end of the day i have my own way of doing things with my horses as does everyone else here on the horse forum, whether we choose to follow the clinton anderson method or the parelli method, both or neither there is no need for it to become an argument.

what im trying to get at is im over seeing these threads become an argument we should be able to voice our opinions with out causing a fight.

-Rant over....how about we dont let this thread turn into argument?

Muppetgirl 01-31-2013 12:12 AM

And now we have another one:?

Wanstrom Horses 01-31-2013 12:22 AM

We are all very opinionated.. And we are all from different areas, our opinions and views on horse training will always be different. And when you bring so many different people onto an Internet discussion, you will have arguments, and they will not be avoided no matter what. I must say though, it gives my prego butt something to do when the hubby makes me stay in during the day!! :D

lilruffian 01-31-2013 12:24 AM

Exactly!
When it comes right down to it, no matter who you follow it is all a matter of PERSONAL OPINION. I dont think any are ultimately better than the others. They have their own style of doing things and it's all about who's method works best for certain individuals.
Some, like myself, like the way the Parelli's break things down but i HAVE looked into & studied some of the other trainers, including Clinton, Buck and Stacy to name afew and have indeed taken many things from them all.
They all know what they are doing and no, none of them are prefect.
Everybody percieves things differently.
There is no need for an argument and in fact, the only people that truly annoy me are the ones that havent actually studied much of either trainer into depth (and by depth i mean actually studied their videos & put time and money into it as you would have to do with any trainer).
In my opinion, you CANNOT judge a person without truly making a honest effort to understand their situation, their motives and their situation.

kayhmk 01-31-2013 12:48 AM

To answer just the question in the title:
because they are too **** fun.

Though I don't know why people decide to open a new thread instead of continuing in one that's already active. Maybe it's because the discussion get so quickly tangent-y and it's harder to steer a runaway thread than a new one?

(Personally I have to say I've enjoyed every single one of them and found them useful. Especially the tangent-y & humourous bits. So cheers for that and keep 'em coming!)

(( And to add: argumentativeness in these topics is not an issue, but I'd like to see less of that "I don't like your view point so you must be a bad horse person and it's okay to attack you personally!" mentality. ))

AnrewPL 01-31-2013 02:48 AM

I like the Rick Gore ones better, thay can be quite funny.

Dustbunny 01-31-2013 04:21 AM

We are so very fortunate to live in an age where information is literally available at our fingertips. I have found bits and pieces from a variety of trainers very useful. I like some trainer's methods better than others...and some trainers better than others. (Personally, I'd rather listen to Linda Parelli than Pat.) But I think whatever works for you to become a better team with your horse is a good thing. These professionals have been a blessing to many of us who cannot afford to spend the dollars with a trainer in person.
Hopefully we will be wise enough, however, to seek help if we are faced with a dangerous situation that we cannot handle on our own.

AlexS 01-31-2013 04:43 AM

I wonder why there are so many NH guru conversations in general.

kayhmk 01-31-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexS (Post 1871166)
I wonder why there are so many NH guru conversations in general.

I would think there are three big reasons:
1) NH is an arbitrary (marketing) term prominently used by certain number of individuals to describe themselves
2) NH is perceived as something new and each program/trainer revolutionary
3) (relating to the former points) there are less of NH gurus than the "regular" ones.

If you polled 100 non-NH people and 100 NH people to name their guru or biggest influence, I guess the non-NHers would come up with way longer list than the NHers. Whether this would show unity in school of thought or cult mentality, cannot say...

But it's funny how the trainer discussions seem so dominated by a handful of names. Where's that Podhajsky vs. Carde discussion ?!

NBEventer 01-31-2013 12:23 PM

I'm wondering why we have another one now?

Meh gives me something to do when i'm supposed to be working :lol: