The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Need Coloring Coding Help (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/need-coloring-coding-help-151983/)

sadiescreek 02-01-2013 01:51 PM

Need Coloring Coding Help

5 Attachment(s)
This is my appy/thoroughbred cross gelding. I'm hoping to take him to a few small shows this year and was wondering what color I shouold wear. Pants, shirt, boots ect. I will be riding him in western pleasure. Thanks:)

FaceTheMusic 02-01-2013 02:04 PM

You could wear any color! I would go with black pants, boots and hat. Then whatever color shirt you like with a matching saddle pad. Blue, pink, purple, red or green are just a few options and there are many different shades of those colors that would like nice on him.

I personally think a nice deep purple or dark green would look nice.

sadiescreek 02-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaceTheMusic (Post 1873222)
You could wear any color! I would go with black pants, boots and hat. Then whatever color shirt you like with a matching saddle pad. Blue, pink, purple, red or green are just a few options and there are many different shades of those colors that would like nice on him.

I personally think a nice deep purple or dark green would look nice.

I like the idea of deep purple. A lot of coloured stand out on him cause hes white so the darker coloured would look great! And thank goodness. I already have black boots and a black hat!
Posted via Mobile Device

FaceTheMusic 02-01-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiescreek (Post 1873280)
I like the idea of deep purple. A lot of coloured stand out on him cause hes white so the darker coloured would look great! And thank goodness. I already have black boots and a black hat!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh and I forgot to mention that if you aren't using chaps for whatever reason, make sure that the pants or jeans you use are a couple inches longer than what you would usually wear so they cover your boot. It makes a cleaner picture than if your pants are too short and only go halfway down your boot.

sadiescreek 02-01-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaceTheMusic (Post 1873289)
Oh and I forgot to mention that if you aren't using chaps for whatever reason, make sure that the pants or jeans you use are a couple inches longer than what you would usually wear so they cover your boot. It makes a cleaner picture than if your pants are too short and only go halfway down your boot.

I don't have black pants yet so ill defiantly keep that in mind when I'm purchasing a pair, unless I do happen to find a pair of chaps somewhere;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Fulford15 02-01-2013 03:14 PM

Gorgeous horse!! I think dark purple would look great, or burgandy.... even yellow would look neat.... that's one thing I enjoyed about showing Western, the dressing up and bling! :lol:

sadiescreek 02-16-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulford15 (Post 1873340)
Gorgeous horse!! I think dark purple would look great, or burgandy.... even yellow would look neat.... that's one thing I enjoyed about showing Western, the dressing up and bling! :lol:

Thank you! And me as well, the dressing up is almost as good as the showing!