The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stolen Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/)
-   -   Missing Haffies! (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/missing-haffies-151993/)

BigBenLoverforLife 02-01-2013 03:31 PM

Missing Haffies!

Hello! I am posting for my aunt. Her two, two year olds have been missing since July. They were sold at Dinkies Auction House in Montgomery, IN. They were sold by the barn owner, who she bought the horses from. My aunt bottle fed one of them, and has owned the other since birth. The first is Adonis, registered name is WJW Adonis, sold for $75. A full blaze that is kinda cut of on the left side up by his forelock and on his muzzle the white almost does a little swivel, I only have newborn photos of him, but can get more. The next is Snoopy. She took him in after the barn owner was going to let him die, his mother did not produce milk and the barn owner said oh well, he'll die in a few weeks. He just has a star. Snoopy is very small, and does not look almost 3. Was sold for $25. He is also very dark. Adonis is also almost three but is very light. They were thought to have gone to Kentucky, but could be anywhere. Since they were sold for so little, we fear the worst, slaughter. She just wants her babies back. If you have any idea where they are please contact me ASAP! Thanks you so much

Speed Racer 02-01-2013 03:36 PM

Have you contacted NetPosse?

BigBenLoverforLife 02-01-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1873375)
Have you contacted NetPosse?

Not yet. I think she is posting them tonight.

Saddlebag 02-06-2013 06:37 PM

The kill buyers don't ship horses directly to the slaughter houses from the auctions. The horses go to the buyer's and the buyer will try to put some weight on them. They also hold them if prices should drop. The good news is, if you see a horse you'd like they will sell it to you. They are in this business to make money, not just have the horse's slaughtered.

MHFoundation Quarters 02-10-2013 05:52 PM

I am so sad to hear about this :( I will keep my eyes peeled. I remember when she brought them home, such cute little boogers!

BigBenLoverforLife 02-10-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1888000)
I am so sad to hear about this :( I will keep my eyes peeled. I remember when she brought them home, such cute little boogers!

Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 02-10-2013 08:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some photos of them that BigBen's aunt sent me to share with the forum.

Here is Adonis
Attachment 129163
Attachment 129164

And Snoopy
Attachment 129165

BigBenLoverforLife 02-10-2013 09:39 PM

Thanks! I didnt have any recent ones, and I always forgot to ask for new ones!

BigBenLoverforLife 02-10-2013 09:41 PM

I forgot how cute they were :( They really filled out the last summer she had them. I was just thinking we would be trail riding on them this summer. We were actually really looking forward to it. :(

poundinghooves 02-22-2013 02:56 PM

I live in Indiana so I'll keep an eye out for young Halfingers!