The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Should I buy this horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/should-i-buy-horse-152108/)

advelanch 02-02-2013 02:19 PM

Should I buy this horse?

I was thinking about buying an Arabian stallion. I want to know if he has a good pedigree. He seems like a great horse, but I want to know if he has a good blood line. Thank You!

Here is the link:
Arabian Stallion For Sale (Magnum Psyche) for sale in Lapeer, Michigan :: HorseClicks

Cat 02-02-2013 03:04 PM

For some reason I am not seeing any pics of the stallion? Hard to tell what he really is like just from the pedigree.

Tasia 02-03-2013 03:13 AM

If you can't tell , you probably are not ready for a stallion.

gigem88 02-03-2013 07:35 AM

For $12? I think I'd pass!

Dustbunny 02-03-2013 11:51 AM

To my way of thinking, the only reason to buy a stallion is to stand him at stud. If you plan to do that then you need to spend a great deal of time researching bloodlines, what crosses with what, and how to successfully and safely run a breeding operation. Then you need to start searching for the very best horse you can get you hands on for the wad of cash in your pocket. Then you will need to spend a great deal of money promoting this animal to attract mare owners. And then pray that mare owners will beat a path to your door.

A responsible breeder wants to put the very best foals possible on the ground. With all the unwanted horses out there now what is not needed is more added to the supply. Breeding is very serious business. It sounds like you have a lot of homework to do.

But if you want this horse for a pleasure mount, buy him, geld him and enjoy him.

Joe4d 02-03-2013 03:05 PM

good bloodlines for what ? without defining the what no way to tell if they are good or not.

BennysLace 02-06-2013 04:27 PM

Have you ever owned a stallion? Magnum Pshyche horses can be a little hot and as far as I'm concerned flooded with that breeding. So not only will this stallion be running against every other arabian in the breeding shed, but he would need to beat out most of this breeding in the looks, temperament and athletics dept. Owning a stallion is a huge responsibility I hope if you buy it you know what your getting into. I didn't when I got mine and it was a disaster, please learn from my mistake.

TimberRidgeRanch 02-06-2013 04:34 PM

My honest opinion is 12K for a stallion is alot to spend in todays market of so many unwanted horses. Think someone is living a pipe dream. so many good quality horses need homes then to go out and by a stud. JMHO

TRR

Speed Racer 02-06-2013 04:49 PM

Never mind, just some kid 'wish buying'. :?

Read her other posts, y'all.

JustDressageIt 02-06-2013 04:52 PM

"I was thinking of buying an Arabian stallion"

First question: Why? For what purpose?
Posted via Mobile Device