The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Schooling show next month! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/schooling-show-next-month-152170/)

howrsegirl123 02-02-2013 11:33 PM

Schooling show next month!

Just found out the other day that our university's schooling show is March 9! So soon! Anyway, I'm going to be in English pleasure and Equitation for sure, and I'm thinking about doing the 18" cross rail class. My horse jumps well, but we haven't jumped a lot together and never a full course! But I would like to try it-what do you think?
Also, my horse is a hunter under saddle horse so in the English pleasure they would mainly judge on him right? So I could really get him to do his HUS gaits? And in the Equitation it would be me, so I need to make sure my hands are turned upright...does my horse have to look as good?
I know it's just a schooling show but I really want us to do our best!
Posted via Mobile Device

LikeaTB 02-03-2013 04:46 PM

I know nothing about showing, but good luck and have fun!

allboutjess 02-03-2013 08:29 PM

Just found out the other day that our university's schooling show is March 9! That's my birthday!!

So soon! Anyway, I'm going to be in English pleasure and Equitation for sure, and I'm thinking about doing the 18" cross rail class.
That's the first jumping class I did too!

My horse jumps well, but we haven't jumped a lot together and never a full course! But I would like to try it-what do you think?
I would try doing a course with your horse at home to make sure he does get fast or hard to handle over the jumps and if you have some flowers boxes to put in front so he sees that they wont eat him if he sees them at the show :)

Also, my horse is a hunter under saddle horse so in the English pleasure they would mainly judge on him right? So I could really get him to do his HUS gaits?
Not sure about the gaits but yes they are judging him.

And in the Equitation it would be me, so I need to make sure my hands are turned upright...does my horse have to look as good?
For Equitation it is how you look and how you handle your horse so yes make sure to keep your hands turn upright (I have that problem too you can remind yourself in each corner of the arena and it should help) Also if your horse is strug out and all over the place then the judges will see that you are not in control of the situation but if your horse makes a minor mistake and you still look fine and are in control then you should be good!

I know it's just a schooling show but I really want us to do our best!
Good luck! hope you do well!!