The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What Type of Boots for Jumping? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-type-boots-jumping-152186/)

Lynxlover 02-03-2013 03:43 AM

What Type of Boots for Jumping?

Hey guys! I have a question for you all. I use professional choice boots when I'm jumping, is that enough support for my horse? In the summer we got from 2"6 to 3"2 being our highest and in the winter we are occasionally jumping but never that high.

kitten_Val 02-03-2013 11:39 AM

I doubt those boots give the real support to start with. From what I see around here though it's more common to use just splint boots.

gypsygirl 02-03-2013 12:11 PM

i dont like those boots personally, i would just got with a splint boot. a splint boot will help if they hit a pole or strike them-self with their own hoof.

i really like woof boots, they are reasonably priced and good quality. i also have equifit Tboots that i LOVE, they are open fronts. they are so cool, but they sell for $180+, i just happened to find them on sale AND have a gift card lol

jinxremoving 02-03-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsygirl (Post 1876014)
i really like woof boots, they are reasonably priced and good quality. i also have equifit Tboots that i LOVE, they are open fronts. they are so cool, but they sell for $180+, i just happened to find them on sale AND have a gift card lol

Yeah. I was about to say the Equifits. They were super popular at my old barn, all the rich kids had them so naturally I assumed they were the best. Looking ar SmartPak they seem to have some insanely good reviews to back up that assumption. :)

gypsygirl 02-03-2013 09:59 PM

yeah i really really love mine. but seriously, they were 50% off and i had a $50 gift card, so thats the only reason i have them. i take SUPER good care of them because i know im not getting another set anytime soon !