The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Dog attacks my dog and my dog gets blamed (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/dog-attacks-my-dog-my-dog-152263/)

Animallover707 02-03-2013 08:35 PM

Dog attacks my dog and my dog gets blamed

Hi i was out at the ranch today and my newest puppy was playing when my cousins dog bit her. She got mad and they started growling. My cousin hit my dog and then started petting hers. I wanted to punch her in the face. she petted her dog for attacking mine! im so mad her puppy attacks everything andr is vicious and she thinks its funny! what should i do?

Spotted 02-03-2013 08:43 PM

Nothing. Dogs will be dogs. The only thing you can do is teach your dog to get along with others. Its not your fault what others do. I would just focus on your own and how you like your dog to be.
Sucky situation, but your the better teacher and owner.

Iseul 02-03-2013 08:45 PM

Personally, I wouldn't take your dog out there anymore. No reason to risk injury to yours (or hers if she were to try and get you to pay vet bills) just for a trip to the ranch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Animallover707 02-03-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iseul (Post 1876784)
Personally, I wouldn't take your dog out there anymore. No reason to risk injury to yours (or hers if she were to try and get you to pay vet bills) just for a trip to the ranch.
Posted via Mobile Device

she is in the process of becoming a service dog(my other dog has been retired) she must be with me at all times(I have a note from the doctor because i freeze up and will stand in one spot for hours, also I have severe panic attacks), my dog has been to classes and is well trained and heals off leash wherever we go the dog was playing with a stick today when the other dog attacked her. Im not sure what to do, my 5 horses are out there and if i go without the dog i9 could freeze and stand in one spot fot several hours and when your working with horses that can be dangerous. I went to kmart with out my dog a while back and in one of the rows i froze and stood there for several hours my mom who was xmas shopping with me finally found me. My other dog had been retired so we started training this one to be my service dog.

EvilHorseOfDoom 02-03-2013 09:01 PM

I'd stop visiting your cousin til she grows up a bit! Sounds like you have a good dog there, and obviously you need him. Your cousin sounds pretty immature.

Animallover707 02-03-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilHorseOfDoom (Post 1876818)
I'd stop visiting your cousin til she grows up a bit! Sounds like you have a good dog there, and obviously you need him. Your cousin sounds pretty immature.

Ya she is, she is breedding mutts and they have 7 dogs and they dont like one so they get another. She also said that pit bulls should be put down because she hates them, but iv seen her dog attack her little sister who is 2 and never once have i seen any of the pit bulls out there attack her. and she is the one that got the pitbulls? why if you dont like pits would you get 4 of them? and then say your little terriers are better? But she lives out there because she hates her mom and she is spoiled rotten. And i have to go out there if i want to work with my horses.

Spotted 02-03-2013 09:14 PM

Can she chain her dogs for the times you are out. Maybe she would understand that your dog is there to serve a purpose.

chubbypony 02-03-2013 09:15 PM

This dog means a lot to you I would keep her away from the other dog if you cant, I would get a hold of one of those citronella sprays or a squirt bottle if she goes to bite your dog squirt her or spray her. It will not hurt her and it is better than a vet bill.

I have a small citronella spray for when I go to dog parks.

where I purchased mine

DirectStop Animal Deterrent Spray - Repellents - Training & Behavior - PetSmart

Northernstar 02-03-2013 09:21 PM

Agree with EvilHorseOfDoom and Spotted - now to add, how about seriously boarding your horse somewhere else then? I sure would!! :)

Ooooh! Great idea too, Chubbypony!

Animallover707 02-03-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spotted (Post 1876840)
Can she chain her dogs for the times you are out. Maybe she would understand that your dog is there to serve a purpose.

I tried to ask her to put the dog inside while i was working out my horse and she flipped out. I feel very... cant think of the word but to describe it i will say 'small' around her, she has broken me down so many times telling me horrible things about me how my muscles are gross(She is 5'4 and 85 pounds, super skinny) because i work out. She also won beauty padgents and she puts literally everyone down, including people who were protesting for their rights she said we should shoot all of them. She makes me feel really depressed, she has a bf who just bought her a new car a hybred and she thinks she is 'all that'. Idk what to do.