The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Thoughts on possible breed? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/thoughts-possible-breed-152397/)

anniegirl 02-04-2013 10:38 PM

Thoughts on possible breed?

5 Attachment(s)
Hi there...I purchased a paintX a couple months ago...he was a rescue so I dont know much about him...was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what he may be crossed with?? All I was told was his age...thanks!

Thyme 02-04-2013 10:40 PM

Did they say he was a paint cross? He looks a lot like my paint Rem (you can see in my barn) and he is a full registered paint (mostly qh blood with a little tb farther back).
name?
He is a lovely horse :)

PunksTank 02-04-2013 10:43 PM

how big is he? he's looking welsh x paint to me - but it could be just a baby face :P Adorable btw!

anniegirl 02-04-2013 10:48 PM

The rescue place I picked him up from had only had him 3 days...the woman there said all she new was he was a paintX...this coming from the KB...I have had several ppl say "he looks part arabian"...lol...who knows..his name is Jasper:) I love him...no matter what his breed...lol just thought it would be neat to see what others thought!! I will have to check Rem out!! Im a paint fanatic!!!!!

anniegirl 02-04-2013 10:50 PM

Thanks Punkstank..he is just 15hh...4 yrs old...:) still a little bum high...vet says he might sprout a little more yet:)

Thyme 02-05-2013 12:03 AM

Hmm yea I didn't really look at his head earlier, his body reminds me of my paint but he does have quite the adorable face! I could see Welsh and'or Arabian in that face face shape (the larger jaw tapered to a smaller nose and little ears)

lilruffian 02-07-2013 09:41 PM

I agree, he could be a pb Paint. They come in different shapes and sizes depending on their breeding and how much Thoroughbred they have in them as well as what line of QH is mixed in the blood ;)

dbarabians 02-07-2013 09:55 PM

That is a very small head he has. I can see some arab in there. Then again most horses have some anyways so you never can tell how far back. good luck with him. Shalom