The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Where do you go to find reputable used saddles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/where-do-you-go-find-reputable-152472/)

Letcp 02-05-2013 05:02 PM

Where do you go to find reputable used saddles?

Hi! I am new to posting, but have been hiding in the shadows for a little while now. I have been trying to find a used 17.5" CWD 3C or 17.5" Delgrange 5X flap for the past year. I have become quite a nuisance on eBay, CWD sellier, Maryland tack exchange, Iselltack, and a few other websites :wink: Have you found a good place to buy, apparently, hard to find saddles? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

LikeaTB 02-05-2013 11:00 PM

Welcome to the forum! St Croix Saddlery has some very nice saddles. You can go into their store, which is in Minnesota, or order online. I was planning on ordering a Stubben Parzival dressage saddle from their website, but I got it for Christmas :) I also ordered a helmet and saddle pad from them. I live down south and it came in in 3 days. Very nice staff and nice saddles.

xlionesss 02-05-2013 11:03 PM

If there are any local tack shops, I'd definitely check them out. I like looking over a saddle in person and being able to sit in it to feel if I fit or not. Most tack shops will sell used saddles!

Letcp 02-06-2013 12:27 AM

Thanks! I didn't see any at St. Croix saddlery but I will keep checking periodically.

I need to check the local tack shops again. I'm not sure how likely it is for them to carry such a forward flap.

alexischristina 02-06-2013 02:04 AM

How much are you looking to spend?
I ended up looking so long and hard for a good used saddle that fit what I wanted that I ended up stumbling across an amazing clearance deal on a new saddle, lol!
But maybe if you post your budget people will spot some deals online and send them your way.

verona1016 02-06-2013 04:25 AM

I second St. Croix Saddlery- I got my dressage saddle from them and was quite happy with them.

The problem with knowing what you want is finding it :-) I looked for a couple months before buying my saddle, and even at that I ended up getting a slightly different (but almost as awesome) model from the same manufacturer, with a seat size 1/2" bigger than I really wanted.

kitten_Val 02-06-2013 08:22 AM

I tried to conact Maryland tack exchange and NEVER heard back.

I'd try Middleburg Tack Exchange, New and Used Saddles For Sale & Horse Tack | Trumbull Mountain, and Classic Saddlery - Quality English Horse Tack & Horse Supplies for the Equestrian.. I ordered from 1st two and had a nice experience. I believe Pelham Saddlery also carries quite nice saddles from time to time.

boots 02-06-2013 08:24 AM

The Tackeria in Wellington, FL carries a wide variety of used saddles and are very good to deal with. A call or email will let you know if they have exactly what you want.

Letcp 02-06-2013 10:57 AM

Thank you all for the great suggestions!

I am hoping to find one of those saddles for under $2500. I have already tried a few different variations priced very nicely at under $1600, but unfortunately my hip to knee was too long for those which is why I am looking for two very specific flap sizes (as well as bc I fell in love with their fit).

BB Marie 02-06-2013 11:22 AM

Have you tried Buy, Sell, Trade Saddles, Trailers, Show Clothes, and More! - TackTrader.com Classifieds ? If you're looking on line it's worth a shot. I have bought two saddles off of that site. Both are western but they do have english saddles too.