The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jokes and Funnies (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/)
-   -   Funniest horse stories? Please tell! (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/funniest-horse-stories-please-tell-152488/)

Animallover707 02-05-2013 06:33 PM

Funniest horse stories? Please tell!

Hey everyone I want to hear your funniest horse stories! I have two for you guys.
A horse named buddy who I ride once in a while was let loose on the ranch during a barbeque(No worries the gate was locked) He was running around having fun. All of a sudden I look over and he sticks his head in my families truck reaches into my moms purse and pulls her wallet out and takes off with it! It was the funniest thing I ever seen. :lol:
Next I had my new puppy and my lab in the creek at my other ranch, my mare starlight was on the other side of the creek grazing. The puppies were playing tug of war when all of a sudden starlight farted(You know horses lol) and both the dogs dropped the toy and looked at starlight like "what the..." she looked at them like "That wasnt me!" I laughed for like 10 minutes.
Now I want to hear your stories, add other pet stories to!

VanillaBean 02-07-2013 05:56 PM

Well, once at a horse camp I was working at with a few of my friends, I decided to try to mount one of the schoolmasters (who was like 35 and 16 hands) from behind and jumping up, without a halter or anything... Didn't work so good. I like slammed into his butt and he spoiler and ran to his friends in the paddock.

Then one of my friends was getting off her horse, and didn't look where she had stopped....which was right next to a big cone. Landed with her crotch on it...then she was like "I'm not going to be able to have babies now!!" Oh my god I died.

Animallover707 02-07-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaBean (Post 1882949)
Well, once at a horse camp I was working at with a few of my friends, I decided to try to mount one of the schoolmasters (who was like 35 and 16 hands) from behind and jumping up, without a halter or anything... Didn't work so good. I like slammed into his butt and he spoiler and ran to his friends in the paddock.

Then one of my friends was getting off her horse, and didn't look where she had stopped....which was right next to a big cone. Landed with her crotch on it...then she was like "I'm not going to be able to have babies now!!" Oh my god I died.

hahaha love it! Once my cousin got on a horse backwards, a very very well trained horse and idk i guess it scared her and she bucked her off and landed straight in the mud lol!

Dreamcatcher5 02-10-2013 06:28 PM

My gelding Luca and I had just finished exercise and I gave him a nice cool wash because it was hot and he was sweating, and then took him in front of the house to talk to my dad. I stood with Luca in front of the garage and he was very alert. He looked at one of the windows- and saw his reflection. His eyes went WIDE. He neighed to the "window Luca", and ran away, dragging me behind. :D oh Luca....

JustImagine 02-10-2013 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used to do hunters with my Arab, and I would ship him to my previous barn for jumping lessons. About 2 months after I trained him to jump I had shipped him to my barn for a lesson; there were pair of green boxes (pictured below) under a jump. He'd jumped crosspoles with flowers under them, but other than that he had only jumped over plain verticals. Well, he jumped the green boxes a few times with absolutely no problems. The next week, the green boxes were sitting in the middle of the arena by themselves and he SPOOKED at them so bad! He wouldn't come within 5 feet of them, snorting and sidestepping (and he's not a spooker). Later in the lesson, my trainer put the green boxes under a jump and he jumped them without a problem like they weren't even there, haha. It was seriously one of his goofiest moments.

Northernstar 02-10-2013 07:17 PM

When I got my first horse, I wasn't green to riding, but green to tacking. All the riding I had done over the years previous, were guided rides @ the State Parks, and a neighbor who had horses who always asked me to ride with her. Every time I rode, horses were tacked and ready. So..... About 2 yrs ago I got my own horse! (She was boarded briefly, then we brought her home). I Learned how to tack, (Yay me!!) and decided to enjoy the outdoor arena! The mounting block was on the side not too far from the road where passers by can see people in the arena. Star stood stock still next to the block, I put my foot in the stirrup ready to mount, then...."Slip, Thud, Oooh!" Guess what everybody?? Horses sometimes hold their breath when we're fastening the girth!!! The girth was so loose (un-beknownst to me) that it slid to an 'upside down position', the side of my leg hit the mounting block, and I landed with a thud! I had a nice bruise on my leg for a week, and prayed no one saw my "red cheeked moment"! Star stood stock still the whole time, (bless her little heart) but I can't help wondering if she wasn't devilishly chuckling to herself :)

DraftyAiresMum 02-10-2013 07:23 PM

I worked at a Girl Scout horse camp a couple of years ago and us wranglers would take some of the horses out on trail rides when we didn't have classes so that we could keep them in work. I somehow always ended up riding our lead horse for the trail rides: a gray paint mare named Paleface who was not at all kid-friendly...and not very bright.

First time I went to saddle Paleface, the head wrangler didn't tell me about her tricks. I got the saddle pad within five feet of her and she sat back on her lead rope hard. I rolled my eyes and waited for her to realize I wasn't gonna walk away. So, she steps forward and looked at me like "Well, shoot. That usually works." She then let me saddle her with no further issues.

I will say that she had super smooth gaits (especially her trot), but I have never met a horse that was so just...dumb. She would try to snatch mouthfuls of weeds on the trail, and miss, even when they were right in front of her mouth. She would go through any water, but if you asked her to go through weeds higher than her knees, she'd look at you like "You're nuts!"

The other thing that made Paleface "special" was her saddle issues. No matter how tight you did up the cinch, the saddle always shifted to the right as you rode. The first time it happened, I thought I was just off balance. We stopped for the head wrangler to check her saddle and she glanced back at me and nearly fell over laughing. We straightened the saddle and continued on. Every fifteen minutes or so, I'd have to shift my weight to the left to straighten the saddle. Her saddle fit reasonably well, just for some reason it shifted horribly.

None of this is probably funny to anyone else, but just imagine my groans and my fellow wranglers' laughter when the head wrangler would say with a mischievous grin "And Paige, you'll be riding Paleface." Lol

I will say that I ended up loving that horse. She had her quirks, but you pointed her at an obstacle (unless it was tall weeds) and she would go with no hesitation.
Posted via Mobile Device

JustImagine 02-10-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northernstar (Post 1888043)
When I got my first horse, I wasn't green to riding, but green to tacking. All the riding I had done over the years previous, were guided rides @ the State Parks, and a neighbor who had horses who always asked me to ride with her. Every time I rode, horses were tacked and ready. So..... About 2 yrs ago I got my own horse! (She was boarded briefly, then we brought her home). I Learned how to tack, (Yay me!!) and decided to enjoy the outdoor arena! The mounting block was on the side not too far from the road where passers by can see people in the arena. Star stood stock still next to the block, I put my foot in the stirrup ready to mount, then...."Slip, Thud, Oooh!" Guess what everybody?? Horses sometimes hold their breath when we're fastening the girth!!! The girth was so loose (un-beknownst to me) that it slid to an 'upside down position', the side of my leg hit the mounting block, and I landed with a thud! I had a nice bruise on my leg for a week, and prayed no one saw my "red cheeked moment"! Star stood stock still the whole time, (bless her little heart) but I can't help wondering if she wasn't devilishly chuckling to herself :)

Hahaha, aww, what a good girl! I had a kind of similar moment a few weeks ago; I rode my trainer's Friesen who is an absolute barrel. I was done an hand-walking him out, and I'd loosened up his girth while I was walking him. After a lap I looked behind me to pet him and his saddle was underneath him! He didn't even do anything to acknowledge it, haha. I always loosen my Arab's girth when I hand-walk him but he has the world's flattest back and a very thin build, so his saddle never slides; it never even occurred to me that it would on my trainer's Friesen, haha.

Hmenz 02-12-2013 12:27 AM

I have a 20 year old appaloosa mare that's very herd bound. We moved her away from the borders and she was not happy because she didnt have any friends. The neighbor down the road has quite a few horses that roam around the pasture and she was always whinnying to them and chatting with them.

We go back to the barn to feed her at about 3:30pm. As were nearing our house I see a horse in a field trotting toward the mans house that has horses.The horse looked a lot like Indy. We pull in our driveway and I head out to the barn to grain her. She's gone. I start freaking out, get in the car and go to start looking for her. Next thing I see is a really tall guy riding Indy down the road.(Keep in mind that Indy's 13.2 Hh The guy had to be at least 6'5) I pull over and there's Indy with this huge man on top of her. I feel relieved but also kinda puzzled.

It turns out Indy ended up trotting down the road, through a large field and back up the road to the mans house. He said he came out to feed and Indy was running around playing with his horses jolly ball!

Funniest thing she's ever done. She's a crazy horse!:-)

ilovepets 02-12-2013 05:12 PM

ok well i have two kind funny stories about my friends horses..

first one is about one of her mini horses. we we giving her a bath on the cross ties outside. she hates baths and will eventually start moving all around and frying to rear with the cross ties on. any ways we had her all soapy and she started to be naughty so my friend tried to slap her butt but instead he hand just slipped on the horses but resulting in a fail slap we just stood there laughing

the second one happened to me. we were riding in a town field behind her house (we have permission to ride there) and we had just cam back from a walking trail ride and we wanted to do some work in the field before going back. well of coure i ride the horse who wants to go home and evey time we trot in a circle towards the house she start going to the side. then just before we go back me and my friend want to canter (something i am still getting the hang of) down the center of the field. so we get a few strides in then her hors bucks and then mine bucks thowing me on the horn and on the side of the neck at full canter heading towards trees and i am saying "whoa" and pulling on one rein that i can and we are heading for home and then we stop. i get off of the neck and my friend comes over and i am laughing then due to execs adrenalin i start crying. and i am laughing and she is laughing. so i get back on and i am getting annoyed with the crying because im not scared. so we just ride arond the field laughing and the more i cry the harder i laugh. and we look over to see some boy scouts and im like "wow this is awkward, us crying and them watching" it took a long time for the crying to wear off, and of course when we were finally heading home the boy scouts came running down the hill, spooking the horses . dumb move on their part. but i stayed in the saddle. we still laugh about it to this day :-)