The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   OTTB owners: racing videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/ottb-owners-racing-videos-152522/)

Ashsunnyeventer 02-05-2013 09:40 PM

OTTB owners: racing videos

For all owners of OTTB's- I found a great FREE site to watch racing videos (FINALLY)!!

I have been looking for vidoes of my mare racing since I got her in August. I was recently reading a blog from Eventing Nation and I saw this website mentioned: Cal Racing

I went there and I found videos of my mare racing. We thought she may have been injured while on the track because she went from placing in the top 3 to placing last within a month. By looking at these videos, I could pinpoint the moment when something went wrong. Her jockey was hitting her and she slowed down to go from 3rd to 10th. It looks like the jockey just gave up. It may have been an injury or just her time to get out of racing, but either way she still ended up with me (and is now healthy). :-)

Well, I just wanted to share this exciting news that I finally found a site with free videos. Maybe you guys already knew about this... now if only I could find my gelding's videos...

MyBoyPuck 02-05-2013 10:35 PM

It is very fun to watch your own horse run and win his races, isn't it? I paid $5 for a 24 hour window a few years ago to watch all of my horse's races. It was well worth the $$. Thanks for posting the free link.

themacpack 02-05-2013 10:37 PM

We had so much fun watching videos of DD's mare during her racing days - we were fortunate enough that she ran at a track that have free race replay on their website.

Ashsunnyeventer 02-05-2013 10:47 PM

Although she never won, she came closer than my other horse with a few seconds and some thirds. I can also tell now what her "style" was. The good races she would stay in the middle of the pack untill the last possible second, then she'd suddenly explode. The bad races- she was in first or second the whole race untill the end when she ran out of gas. So when she pretends like her stride isn't adjustable when we're jumping- I know she's just being stubborn now :) lol

MyBoyPuck 02-05-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashsunnyeventer (Post 1880264)
So when she pretends like her stride isn't adjustable when we're jumping- I know she's just being stubborn now :) lol

Oh good. I'm not the only one who realizes my horse is full of BS when he pretends he can't move forward. I have a picture of him galloping with all four legs suspended that I look at whenever he's behind my leg. Silly TBs!

Ashsunnyeventer 02-06-2013 06:23 AM

With my mare, somedays it's like if she can't have her way then she won't do it my way. We either run or we go like a snail- there's no inbetween- yet.

armydogs 02-06-2013 02:11 PM

This is awesome. Thanks for finding it and sharing. Going to check out Queen now.

Speed Racer 02-06-2013 02:15 PM

Is it just for west coast TBs? My boy was born and raced in the east.

Rachel1786 02-06-2013 02:22 PM

my mare isn't listed :-(

armydogs 02-06-2013 03:17 PM

I would say it's just for the west coast. I looked Queen up and found 4/16 of her races. I know she had both east and west coast races.