The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Jobs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/)
-   -   Off to an interview shortly, wish me luck! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/off-interview-shortly-wish-me-luck-152552/)

Maple 02-06-2013 06:32 AM

Off to an interview shortly, wish me luck!

I'm off to my first job interview in... erm... like 5 years shortly :shock:

I was cut to part time from my current job Christmas week, and this interview is for a position workin on the admin side of a very large and well established "tack/everything one could need for an equine" store.

Cross your fingers for me!!! Also cross your fingers I dont arrive home to divorce papers after spending all our money in the shop while I wait on my interview!! :lol:

SouthernTrails 02-06-2013 06:48 AM

Hope you do well in the interview and get the job :wink:

Cacowgirl 02-06-2013 09:03 AM

Good Luck-working in a tack store-very cool.

wetrain17 02-06-2013 02:17 PM

I would be excited for the discounts.

Maple 02-06-2013 03:29 PM

I think it all went ok.. until the end when one of the interviewers (there were 4!) said that one thing very much against me was the distance I would have to travel every day, which is about an hour each way. He said in his experience people who had to travel didnt last very long - I told him I looked forward to the opportunity to prove him wrong; what else could I say??

I suppose the fact that I got an interview at all is an accomplishment in itself - jobs are few are far between at the moment here.

haha wetrain, I didnt ask if there is a staff discount... didnt think that would be clever! I look forward to one if there is though, but I may need to work on my self control so that I dont spend my entire wage packet in there! :)

boots 02-10-2013 11:53 PM

Good answer. I hope he gives you the chance and you love it!

Maple 02-19-2013 12:56 PM

Got a letter in the post today to say I didnt get it :(

Ah well, as I said before it's an achievement to even get to an interview at the moment.. and I was told there were over 80 people being interviewed! At least now I don't have to worry about spending my wages at work lol

Speed Racer 02-19-2013 01:01 PM

Sorry about that, Maple. I know what it's like to interview for job after job, and not get one.

Cacowgirl 02-19-2013 01:35 PM

Keep those applications going out. Something will connect-good luck to you.