The Horse Forum banner

Photoshoot With My Trainer's Grand Prix Horse!

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Crescent 
#1 ·
So for Christmas my barn decided to do a big blown up portrait for our trainer of her grand prix mount, Devin. :) She has had him forever and still doesn't have a picture of the big guy to put up in her house and we thought giving her a portrait of him would be a great present!

Nobody in our barn really has any photography skill (haha sorry guys!) so I volunteered to take and edit the pictures. :) I'd like to think I'm somewhat skilled at taking photos and editing them haha. Devin was such a good little boy for the photoshoot and here are the end results!

This is the one we decided to use for the portrait:

And here are the other ones I took :)

See less See more
#7 ·
^^ thanks guys!

The edits turned out great, I personally liked the 3rd and 4th one the best but the group liked the 1st haha. I'm hoping to do another photoshoot with Robbie when he's better. :)

It's amazing how differently the final product looks from the original - I'll dig up the un-edited pics and I'm sure you'll be shocked at the difference!
Posted via Mobile Device

#14 ·
^^ thanks guys!

The edits turned out great, I personally liked the 3rd and 4th one the best but the group liked the 1st haha. I'm hoping to do another photoshoot with Robbie when he's better. :)

It's amazing how differently the final product looks from the original - I'll dig up the un-edited pics and I'm sure you'll be shocked at the difference!
Posted via Mobile Device
Where do you board Blush? maybe we can set something up.

#15 ·
I've also heard that some people will walk the horse's head out of the barn aisle and leave the aisle dark, not sure EXACTLY how you would do it though!

#21 ·
I can't wait to try this technique tomorrow!!!!

I'll have my friend pretty up her horse with the bridle and whatnot and then stand in the barn aisle haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.