The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Magnetic Bell Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/magnetic-bell-boots-152594/)

farmpony84 02-06-2013 02:48 PM

Magnetic Bell Boots

Thoughts? They are pretty expensive... I was thinking about using them on show weekends?

farmpony84 02-09-2013 09:42 PM

so.... take this as only crazy people buy magnetic bell boots?

Kayty 02-09-2013 09:53 PM

I haven't tried magnetic BB's, but I've tried the hock and stable boots. They do make a bit of a difference. I'm planning on getting Spighi a set of magnetic stable boots when I can get the money together, as he tends to get wind galls and friends have seen a drastic reduction in the size of galls on their own horses, through the use of magnetic boots.

farmpony84 02-09-2013 09:55 PM

so... potentially worth it?

I asked my vet and her response was... "I have clients who swear by Magnetic sheets, howeve I've seen no scientific proof to back it up."

Kayty 02-09-2013 09:56 PM

Yeah I think they're worth a shot.
There is no scientific proof, but they do seem to loosen horses up. The magnetic rugs and quarters sheets are meant to be quite good too for horses that are tight over the back.

farmpony84 02-09-2013 09:58 PM

I had asked her about the sheets. I want the back on track ones but the cost is insane...

I may start with the bell boots and if I see a difference then I'll try a sheet. I see way more good reviews then bad...

~*~anebel~*~ 02-09-2013 11:52 PM

IMO - Back on Track is so worth it.

I haven't tried magnetic but to me the science seems wonky, BOT is more proven to work. I have the sheet, the long sleeve shirt and the women's boxers.

With the sheets, if a 78" is tight (for example) I would size up to the next size as they do fit small.

Kayty 02-10-2013 05:28 PM

I've heard very good things about the BOT products Anebel, do you notice that the sheet is helpful to Rowan?

CLaPorte432 02-10-2013 05:31 PM

I have BOT hock wraps and they are awesome! My mare wears them in the stall during the night. And when i use them during the day, she does get turned out in them.

Absolutely no slipping down, i notice a decrease is swelling after use. Ease in movement/gaits.

Well worth the $90 i spent.
Posted via Mobile Device

farmpony84 02-10-2013 06:16 PM

I do plan to try the back on track stuff too... I did order the magnetic boots.... after I ordered them I read everyone's replies and guess what... Back on track has boots too! I'll look at getting some of them later on...