The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Kerrit sit tight and warm (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/kerrit-sit-tight-warm-152597/)

Golden Horse 02-06-2013 02:56 PM

Kerrit sit tight and warm

Got my first pair today, was shocked looking at the size of them when I first took them out of the pack, thought they would NEVER go on, but the 2X size has covered my thunder thighs and large butt, without making me look like a sausage trying to break out of it's skin.

They are soft and warm and snuggly, and I haven't taken them off again yet:DJust about to head out and test drive them in -10*C temp, no saddle time today as no one is home, just barn chores and some ground work, I'll let you know how they feel.

Only gripe so far, they don't seem to have a sugar pocket, where I usually stash my cell.

tinyliny 02-06-2013 03:03 PM

I bought a pair of those, full seat, last year. But, I hated the overly grippy nature of them. when you walk, the grippy part , well, grips too much. and squeeks and it felt like it was rubbing really hard on my saddle, maybe damaging the leather. And, I could not reposition myself well when posting.

went back to my much less grippy winter riding pants.

They may have improved the grip material since I bought mine. mine is like a black rubber, almost.

Delfina 02-06-2013 03:19 PM

I have 6 pairs. LOVE THEM!

I have no issues with the grippy part while walking (mine is the same black rubbery stuff) and no issues riding in them either. I generally wear Kerrits tall boot length long underwear under them and I have never been cold.

I like grippy breeches though, just my preference.

Golden Horse 02-06-2013 04:59 PM

Mine are knee patch ones, I was scared that the full seat wouldn't stretch over my butt.

Certainly they are warm out in the Artctic here. Love them so far
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 02-06-2013 05:14 PM

I've never ridden in full seat but have been interested in trying the knee patch ones! Thank you for the ongoing review :)

tinyliny 02-06-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Horse (Post 1881360)
Mine are knee patch ones, I was scared that the full seat wouldn't stretch over my butt.

Certainly they are warm out in the Artctic here. Love them so far
Posted via Mobile Device

I think knee patch is the way to go.

MyBoyPuck 02-07-2013 10:32 PM

I looooovvvve those. Very warm.

BCtazzie 02-08-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1881209)
I bought a pair of those, full seat, last year. But, I hated the overly grippy nature of them. when you walk, the grippy part , well, grips too much. and squeeks and it felt like it was rubbing really hard on my saddle, maybe damaging the leather. And, I could not reposition myself well when posting.

went back to my much less grippy winter riding pants.

They may have improved the grip material since I bought mine. mine is like a black rubber, almost.

I find them too grippy as well, I'm think these are the go for rainy days (I nikwaxed mine).

Golden Horse 02-08-2013 10:40 AM

Mmmm haven't ridden in them yet but sat on the leather office chair yesterday and they are very slippy, hope that the slight 'tack' on my saddle keeps me in place.