The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Hunt coat brands for "well endowed rider" (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/hunt-coat-brands-well-endowed-rider-152694/)

woprairie 02-07-2013 04:51 PM

Hunt coat brands for "well endowed rider"

Hi,

Looks like my horse has decided to be a hunter too and I can't find a hunt coat that fits my busty top half. :cry: Unfortunately I wear a size 10 jeans but need a hunt jacket that fits a 42-43" bust. The plus size jacket that I tried on just hangs off my shoulders and has too much space in the arms as well as being too long since I am only 5'3"

Since I show Class A Morgan shows they are fairly open on colors and I don't want to break the bank since I have already had to buy new tack, boots, hat, etc. Any suggested websites or brands that fit the mature figure better?

Depressed in the Midwest

woprairie 02-07-2013 04:53 PM

Hunt Jacket help for the well endowed rider

Hi,

Looks like my horse has decided to be a hunter too and I can't find a hunt coat that fits my busty top half. :cry: Unfortunately I wear a size 10 jeans but need a hunt jacket that fits a 42-43" bust. The plus size jacket that I tried on just hangs off my shoulders and has too much space in the arms as well as being too long since I am only 5'3"

Since I show Class A Morgan shows they are fairly open on colors and I don't want to break the bank since I have already had to buy new tack, boots, hat, etc. Any suggested websites or brands that fit the mature figure better?

Depressed in the Midwest[/QUOTE]

demonwolfmoon 02-07-2013 04:54 PM

You can easily get a tailor to adjust a jacket for you, if it fits in the bust.

Wolfetrap 02-07-2013 05:08 PM

I would find one that is comfortable in the bust and shoulders and get it tailored to the rest of your body.

MelissaAnn 02-08-2013 09:31 AM

if you are handy with a sewing machine, you could buy the pattern for a hunt coat from Suitability. I have super wide hips and a small bust, and all the coats I was trying on that would fit around my hips were really baggy on my shoulders. So I got the pattern and modified it to flare out at the hips. You could try or have someone you know try! The coat turned out really nicely. I'll post a picture if you are interested.

NBEventer 02-08-2013 09:36 AM

I used to have the same problem. I ended up buying a jacket that fit me in the bust and shoulders. Grand Prix seems to be the best for it. I then took it to a mens suit store and they brought in the waist for me. It fit like a glove after that :-)

countercanter 02-09-2013 11:25 AM

Find a coat that fits your bust and take it to a tailor. I have wide shoulders so I have to buy my coats a size up to fit my shoulders and then have it tailored to fit everywhere else.
Posted via Mobile Device

woprairie 02-09-2013 03:32 PM

Great suggestions for hunt coat ideas

:-)Thanks Everybody,

I am now looking at patterns, fabrics, and hunt coats to have a seamstress work over. Would love to see your pics Melissa Ann; anything to give me a better idea.
Just a question; where should the cuff of your sleeve hit when your arm is bent in the riding position?

Thanks for all your help