The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Tack Room (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/tack-room-152746/)

ArabLover1999 02-07-2013 10:53 PM

Tack Room

Hello Everyone,

My backyard barn will be up in a week or so, so I have been mapping a lot of stuff out. The stalls are going to be 12x12 feet each and there's going to be a 12x24 room in the front for feed and tack.

So what are all the things I need for the front room (feed/tack room)? I've tried Google-ing it but nothing is very helpful. Any ideas?

I have A LOT of junk! I only have 2 horses but I've got enough **** for 20! lol I'll be storing hay in half of it so don't have much room for junk. I've got pretty much every type of tack (saddles, saddle pads, bridles, halters, boots, every leather or nylon strap-thing you could think of) Blankets, sheets, and tons of random stuff i don't use. And LOTS of grain cans (oats, barley, sweet feed, senior, strategy, molasses, ect.)

And money is not really an issue, so i'll take anything you've got! Thanks!

Taffy Clayton 02-08-2013 09:11 AM

First thing is I would make two separate areas, an enclosed area for tack and an open excessable area for hay. You will not be happy with both hay and tack in the same area.

mvinotime 02-08-2013 10:19 AM

I agree with Taffy. My hubby built me a barn last year and I did mine as separate rooms. A previous barn I had built in years past had a combo room and I HATED it! A feed room that also stores your hay is just downright messy. gets into and all over everything. I LOVE my new totally separate and enclosed tack room cause all I have to do is a dust a little and everything stays nice and neat :) I would strongly suggest two separate rooms if there is anyway to do that.

loveduffy 02-08-2013 10:42 AM

shelving on the walls is also needed to put salt licks on, also a medicine cabinet for meds

ArabLover1999 02-08-2013 04:55 PM

Good idea! I'll have them put a wall up.