The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Foal due soon, maiden mare. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/foal-due-soon-maiden-mare-152765/)

FGRanch 02-08-2013 02:28 AM

Foal due soon, maiden mare.

My beautiful mare Rem, is due with her first baby in a 3 weeks. I am a wreck and totally excited at the same time. This mare is my pride and joy. She was my first futurity prospect and was everything that I wanted in a mare. She was top pick with my first trainer (One of Canada's top trainers) but I pulled her because I felt he was putting winning before anything else, he was hard and harsh on her. I pulled her, put her with an up and coming trainer, who also agreed she was a super talanted mare. I pulled her two weeks before the futurity because I felt her mind was being compromised in order to keep up (She was 10 months behind other futurity horses) She has always been a great minded mare but towards the end she was not the mare I wanted to own. I pulled her from training and used her as a ranch horse. I feel quilty that she never made it as a show pony but she did her part here on the ranch, teaching my very non horse friendly son how to ride and gave him the confidence to ride again. She has been such a go to horse here on the ranch for every beginnner that wants to ride a pony. She has been a joy to have around here but I know she would have been dynamite in the show pen.

FGRanch 02-08-2013 02:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a few pictures of Remedy, the soon to be Mamma. :-) I really really like this mare.

FGRanch 02-08-2013 02:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
And here are a few pictures of the proud papa, my handsome man Guess My Flash.

texasreb 02-08-2013 08:08 AM

Beautiful x 2.

Cacowgirl 02-08-2013 08:42 AM

Looking forward to foal pics!

Taffy Clayton 02-08-2013 09:01 AM

really nice!

NBEventer 02-08-2013 09:02 AM

This is a beautiful cross! What is the mares breeding?

I can not wait to see the foal!! He or She is going to be a beauty! The Daddy is very snexy! Momma is stunning. I am excited for you!!

texasgal 02-08-2013 09:03 AM

Yay ... more babeeeeees!

FGRanch 02-08-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBEventer (Post 1884098)
This is a beautiful cross! What is the mares breeding?

I can not wait to see the foal!! He or She is going to be a beauty! The Daddy is very snexy! Momma is stunning. I am excited for you!!

Snexy...hahah I laughed!

The mare is out of MS Colonel Sugar (NRHA producing daughter of Mr Freckles O lena) and her sire is Colonel Remi (NRHA earner and producing son of Reminic of out Annie Freckles) She is full sibling to money earners. Everyone that meets this mare loves her, my vet says he has never met a more good natured mare, my farrier said he has never seen a better foot, and everyone who rides her wants her lol

Thanks everyone this is my most anticipated foal of the year, mostly because this girl is so near and dear to me. This foal is most likily sold already so I gotta promise myself not to get attached :lol:

NBEventer 02-08-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FGRanch (Post 1884120)
Snexy...hahah I laughed!

The mare is out of MS Colonel Sugar (NRHA producing daughter of Mr Freckles O lena) and her sire is Colonel Remi (NRHA earner and producing son of Reminic of out Annie Freckles) She is full sibling to money earners. Everyone that meets this mare loves her, my vet says he has never met a more good natured mare, my farrier said he has never seen a better foot, and everyone who rides her wants her lol

Thanks everyone this is my most anticipated foal of the year, mostly because this girl is so near and dear to me. This foal is most likily sold already so I gotta promise myself not to get attached :lol:

Shhh don't tell people yet until I break the news to hubby :shock: