The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   I love browsing craigslist (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/i-love-browsing-craigslist-152799/)

OutOfTheLoop 02-08-2013 12:38 PM

I love browsing craigslist

1 Attachment(s)
So as I was browsing craigslist, I came across a gem. I emailed the poster, and I hope the saddle is still availiable for me to go check out. My SO is going to kill me, he tells me I troll craigslist looking for more crap to add to my horse tack collection lol. Its a Litchenburg/Ferguson Los Angelas/Maker Saddle. I figure its from the 30-50's, and looks to be in real good shape. Of course it could use a good cleaning....or three

What do you think?

Critter sitter 02-08-2013 12:41 PM

nice looking saddle needs some TLC but if you can get cheap enough.. I do the same as you though

SlideStop 02-08-2013 12:42 PM

Isn't it funny what people just "throw away"! I love CL!
Posted via Mobile Device

OutOfTheLoop 02-08-2013 01:16 PM

I'm bummed now. The owner still had the saddle, he's an hour and a half away AMD un willing to meet me half way. I just can't justify driving that distance to look at a saddle that may or may not be usuable ro me. Oh well, maybe next time!
Posted via Mobile Device

Saddlebag 02-08-2013 01:16 PM

If you get it, there's an expectation that we get to see how it looks when you've got it all cleaned up.

Critter sitter 02-08-2013 01:32 PM

BOOO i would say Road trip they are fun and you may find a new place to eat along the way!!!

OutOfTheLoop 02-08-2013 01:38 PM

Yeah I would! But I'm not going by myself to meet a stranger at his house, and I'm not asking the other half to drive me an hour and a half to look at horse stuff lol. I have exactly the amount of money he is asking for it, and decided I was going to get my hair done, but when I saw the saddle I told the so I wanted the saddle instead. I don't have an extra 30$ budgeted for gas, nor do I have an extra 3 hours of drive time availiable at my disposal. Sadface
Posted via Mobile Device

Critter sitter 02-08-2013 01:41 PM

i would grab a friend to go with and heck i drive 45 min to work everyday if he meet you half way its only 45 min ;)

OutOfTheLoop 02-08-2013 01:43 PM

Exactly. He won't meet me halfway. Booo
Posted via Mobile Device

xlionesss 02-08-2013 02:09 PM

Well he's not what you call a motivated seller LOL