The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse Journal Apps? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-journal-apps-152804/)

Almond Joy 02-08-2013 02:58 PM

Horse Journal Apps?

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys know of an app for my iphone that has what I need? I would like it to have a calendar to put events/farrier/vet appointments/ shows and also a daily training log? Maybe also a place to store pictures? I would prefer it to be free considering I don't have a horse yet, but I guess a dollar or two might also be something I would explore! Thanks!

I tried to search but couldn't really find anything I liked :/

NavigatorsMom 02-08-2013 10:11 PM

You could try this: Rendaivu - Horse Management Software and Mobile Apps - Home

The app for iPhone or Android is $10.00, but you can also make an online account which you could probably access from your phone. :)

Other than that, I think a basic calendar app would probably keep track of that, or a notepad type app. You could look into Notes Plus (the Lite version is free I think...) it allows you to type or hand write notes like a journal, and import pictures.

HarleyWood 02-08-2013 10:28 PM

i use my phones calender for Vet, ferrier, appointments, ect. and i have a note book with my three horses on it that i have a box that i fill in if we feed oats that day (they are at home and i do all the care) mark down if i ride, jump, barrles, loung, or just work with them, any cuts on them or if they are acting weird, cantering weird, in their box for the day.

Back2Horseback 02-09-2013 06:56 AM

Hi! I use an app called "Private Diary" and it is free though the Google Play store via my 4G Android phone.

It isn't "horsey", per se, but it does contain all the things/abilities which it seems you are looking for.

You make a new entry for each date and time, you are able to choose various colors and fonts to write in (perhaps one for each horse you are looking at buying, each topic, such as feed or appointments, that sort of thing), & it allows you to put photos in, which could be very helpful if you are on a "new horse search" (lucky ducky)! ;}

It has a password to get in, and that's quite handy. If you upgrade to the pay version for I believe $1, you can do even more, though I'm not sure what else one would really need.

Anyhow, give it a look and see if you like it...

Best of luck to you! B2H :0)

Almond Joy 02-09-2013 10:09 AM

Ok! I found a simple diary type thing to just write down my lessons and rides on friends horses, I won't be searching for a lease until summer!