The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Turko Bella - foaling thread (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/turko-bella-foaling-thread-152810/)

Crossover 02-08-2013 02:52 PM

Turko Bella - foaling thread

2 Attachment(s)
Well I only have one baby due this year (:happydance:)

This wasn't the original combination when I started but my other mare would not take so not wanting to loose the couple thousand I had already spent I bred Bella. She caught first time.

We have Bella a 17 hh bay (Ee Aa for you genetic fans). Her baby from last year is already measured at 15hh at only 10mths old from a 15.2hh stallion.

Sire is Gatsby. He is a 17hh black (EE aa) Oldenburg.

Due date is May 29th (I know it's still a ways but always ready for baby :D)

Bella is sweetheart of a mare and wonderful to be around. She is just starting to show that she is pregnant. She took even longer to show last year so I'm thinking this is going to be a BIG baby.

BrieannaKelly 02-08-2013 05:26 PM

Very pretty pair! Never too early to start a foaling thread so long as we get plenty of pictures of momma and sire. ;-) I wish you a healthy and happy foaling. :-)

ParaIndy 02-08-2013 05:26 PM

Subbing! Beautiful mare and good luck!!!

anniegirl 02-08-2013 09:55 PM

Beatiful mare!! congrats and good luck with everything:):)

TexasBlaze 02-09-2013 02:29 PM

Cannot wait to see this baby!!

Crossover 02-10-2013 12:10 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Thanks all... I'm really looking forward to seeing this foal. Not sure what it's going to look like but all I know is its going to be big!!

Here are a couple photos of Bella's foal from last year. Bonnie is now 10 months and I just measured her at 15hh. I'm going from baby to recent on her.

CLaPorte432 02-10-2013 12:22 PM

Holy sssshhhh...Look at the legs on her! :shock: i remember when she was first born. Have you decided to keep her?

Subbing for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

FGRanch 02-10-2013 12:34 PM

Ohhhh I just love that little bay-bay. Love all her color, she is super cool. You gotta post some pictures of Mamma's baby belly, it's required ;)

Crossover 02-10-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLaPorte432 (Post 1887644)
Holy sssshhhh...Look at the legs on her! :shock: i remember when she was first born. Have you decided to keep her?

Subbing for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably not. I've moved out of breeding and into the world of endurance.

It is a fun sport and just perfect for me. Beautiful country, willing horse, and speed :lol:

I really like this filly, she has the sweetest temperament, but I don't see myself hoping back into the eventing world like I thought.

Crossover 02-10-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FGRanch (Post 1887655)
Ohhhh I just love that little bay-bay. Love all her color, she is super cool. You gotta post some pictures of Mamma's baby belly, it's required ;)

Will as soon as she gets a serious one. She likes to hold the baby up high until the last moment. Last year I was starting to panic thinking she had lost the foal. Right now she just looks a bit fat.