Interview with Australian Olympic Eventer Stuart Tinney
Last year for school i had to make a magazine for media studies. I had to interview someone famous so i sent an email away to Stuart, with 5 questions about eventing. I was so lucky becasue he replied and gave me some advice :) I can't seem to be able to upload the actual article so i'll copy and paste instead. Enjoy!
Interview with Stuart Tinney
Gold medal event rider, Stuart Tinney, is the consummate equestrian professional. In in a tough and difficult sport, Stuart continues to produce incredible results, beautifully schooled horses and well trained pupils.
In the competition arena, Stuart has had more success than any other Australian rider based in this country. An Olympic gold medal from Sydney 2000, representative honors at the 2004 Athens Olympics and since 1988 at the consecutive World Equestrian Games.
Stuart continues to help young Australian riders in the eventing area. Stuart has kindly answered some questions that Horseaholics readers have submitted about eventing.
1. Why horses? What keeps you so passionate about them? I have always loved horses, they are so graceful, gentle and beautiful. I just love their ability to learn and their willingness to listen and do as you tell them. I have loved them from a young age.
2. What is eventing? Eventing (also known as horse trials) is an equestrian event comprising dressage, cross-country, and show jumping. This event has its roots in a comprehensive cavalry test requiring mastery of several types of riding. The competition may be run as a one-day event (ODE), where all three events are completed in one day (dressage, followed by show jumping and then cross country) or a three-day event (3DE), which is more commonly now run over four days, with dressage on the first two days followed by cross country the next day and then show jumping in reverse order on the final day. All on the same horse
3. When did you first realize that you wanted to become an eventer? I was a young teenager when I first realized that I loved eventing and wanted to become an eventer for Australia and help train eventing horses.
4. Do you have a favourite horse you like to compete on? I have many! They have all taken me to different areas in eventing. Right now my favourite horse is my Elite horse Panamera.
5. What advice would you give young horse lovers who are just starting out eventing? Make sure you have heaps of fun! And never give up, keep trying and you never know what will happen.
There you have it Horseaholics some tips, and information about Stuart Tinney. Now who’s ready to try eventing?
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.