The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   hunt seat breeches (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/hunt-seat-breeches-152930/)

farmpony84 02-09-2013 05:17 PM

hunt seat breeches

I have a pair of Devon-aire breeches that are a size 28 that fit ok and I have a pair of Taylored Sportsman that are 30's that won't even think about zipping.

I want to get a new pair but I'm not sure how to measure?

Also looking on brand opinions. I'm looking at these:

Bradley Knee Patch Breeches by SmartPak - Knee Patch Breeches from SmartPak Equine

farmpony84 02-09-2013 10:05 PM

These look comfy. If I go with these, will they hide my fat or will people see the not so smooth areas behind my leg?

TuffRider Lowrise Show Circuit Breeches - Statelinetack.com

Wolfetrap 02-11-2013 09:32 AM

It's like every other pair of pants made for women...It depends on the brand EERRRR! Beyond frusterating!!! I have a bunch of TS that are all different cuts some are 30's and they look like sausage casing and some are 30's and I'm swimming in them!!!! But I do love them and they are excellent quality. I've found their low-rise euro seats run larger. And the normal waisted fit me weird, I need their low-rise. I've found Equine Couture is pretty right on with sizing.

farmpony84 02-11-2013 10:33 AM

I think I liked the equine couture. I'll have to go back and look. I like the way the TS ones I have are. It sucks because a friend gave them to me and they were too big so I didn't wear them. I went and put them on this weekend and now they are too small! I'm such a cow....

Wolfetrap 02-11-2013 06:51 PM

Don't worry about it I'm currently elbow deep in a huge bag of Chex Mix, typing with one hand!!!!!! :)

upnover 02-17-2013 10:52 PM

Technically it should be a waist measurement.. but depending on the cut the "waist" can be in different places! I find that TS's are cut very curvy: smaller in the waist, roomier in the hips That's exactly opposite of how I'm built so either I can't zip the waist or I look like I'm carrying a load in my diaper. Ariats are cut more straight through the hip so they fit me MUCH better. I'm a 28 in Ariats and sort of a 30 in TS's. I'm a 28 in Equine Couture and Ovation as well.

PS- if you're a 28-30 you are no cow!! Unless you're calling me fat... in which case, MOO!

Strange 02-18-2013 11:18 AM

Wow, now I'm glad I haven't tried on any TS's. xD I'm a 28 in pretty much every other brand I've worn. I really love Irideons, actually, as well as Royal Highness. In fact my Royal Highness full seats are easily my favorite pair of breeches right now.

It does tend to depend on the brand for the most part though. I think I've just been lucky, haha.

gypsygirl 02-18-2013 11:47 AM

i love my tailored sportmans ! they fit me perfect because i have a super narrow waist and wider hips. love love love them ! they also look really nice when you are riding and they make my leg look longer =P