The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   How to trace a TB (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/how-trace-tb-153001/)

Cookie4 02-10-2013 02:40 AM

How to trace a TB

Hi! I have a 4yo ottb gelding, and I recently identified him through the jockey club, and his sire and dam. I have found a lot of info through equibase and equiline, and a bit of info about his sire through 'stallion register online.' I haven't found any pictures of his mom, or any additional info on her like I found about the sire. I was wondering, if anyone knew of any sites or search engines for mares, like stallion register. Her name is Up One Step, foaled in 1989. Also does anyone know of a way I can find out if they are still alive? I guess they're not really famous so I can't just google it. I've done lots of research but I'd like to do more. Thanks so much in advance!:)

Reckyroo 02-10-2013 08:49 AM

Hi
Have a look at this link: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/up+one+step

Click on reports and then photos - there's a few ancestors on there xx

You can go more indepth which requires a charge. I looked up my mare on there - fascinating stuff - I found out she's related to Northern Dancer
:D

Reckyroo 02-10-2013 08:53 AM

Looks like our horses have Northern Dancer in common :-)

Joe4d 02-10-2013 09:10 AM

first you lay it down on a really big piece of paper.

SlideStop 02-10-2013 09:33 AM

Lol Joe!

I tried to find may mares dam too and besides her pedigree I couldn't find a thing. Unless she has done anything significant you probably won't find much! Any way you can look her up with the jockey club as well?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cookie4 02-10-2013 01:57 PM

Thanks! i'll check out that site. haha thats pretty cool! i discovered he was related to not only northern dancer, but princequillo as well, who fathered secretariat. And lol thanks joe.

Cookie4 02-10-2013 02:01 PM

I found some pretty cool things with his parents, but not cookie!(my horse) His racing name was who's the man, and they only have a couple of those listed except for him. I'll keep looking in other places. And slidestop, I checked the jockey club and they don't provide much info unless you want to pay a lot. i may check that again too though.

Reckyroo 02-10-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe4d (Post 1887405)
first you lay it down on a really big piece of paper.

Took me a while but I get it now! Made me giggle! :D

PonyPainter 02-10-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckyroo (Post 1887387)
Looks like our horses have Northern Dancer in common :-)

As do 85% of all Thoroughbreds :lol: One of the greats indeed!

SlideStop 02-10-2013 06:54 PM

Can you figure out where he was bred? They may have more detailed records of who his dam was. Idk how old your boy is but she may even still be there popping out babies if she was talented!
Posted via Mobile Device